Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace Away: Photo ID and ST card needed

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I read it as just needing my ST, but it is a piss poor use of English and if anyone from the club is reading this (and indubitably are), you should be ashamed that such illiterate drivel got out into the public domain.

Agreed. It is appalling wording that can only result in confusion. I have read it a dozen times and it does not make any sense whatsoever. Barber usually has one of his minions scrutinising NSC so why hasn't the club issued clarification?

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
t least they brought up their kids to all be loyal supporters, though, so I’ll let them off and continue to bite my tongue when the story is given an airing.

I have the same issue with “carers” tickets........just bite your tongue Tim

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Agreed. It is appalling wording that can only result in confusion. I have read it a dozen times and it does not make any sense whatsoever. Barber usually has one of his minions scrutinising NSC so why hasn't the club issued clarification?

The website article now reads like this - which is clear - either/or for photo-id or season ticket:

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2018/march/important-palace-ticket-information/

"Tickets purchased by Brighton & Hove Albion supporters for next month’s Premier League game against Crystal Palace at Selhurst Park, are expected to be dispatched by the end of the next week.

Prior to entry at Selhurst Park, ticket holders MUST ensure they present photo ID or their Season/Membership Cards alongside their match ticket.

Supporters who are unable to provide these identification documents will be refused entry to Selhurst Park.

Security staff at the ground will be checking the name on each ticket, and this must match the name printed on your Season Ticket/Membership Card.

If the name on the match ticket does not match your Season Ticket/Membership Card, then supporters will be denied access to the stadium.

Further detailed pre match information will be released nearer the date of the game."

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Be careful all those that are going to this.

http://cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=274428

"Are the fanatics were due to do a display for the Brighton game? Would be great if we could show them what real support is like".

They are truly messed up.

Indeed. Lots of bile about the game at the Amex still simmering. Nothing about the ticketless goons who caused all the problems in the first place. Dickheads.

A Murray hat trick should put the 'forever in our shadow' fantasy to bed. :albion2:

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Indeed. Lots of bile about the game at the Amex still simmering. Nothing about the ticketless goons who caused all the problems in the first place. Dickheads.

A Murray hat trick should put the 'forever in our shadow' fantasy to bed. :albion2:

The away end is even more deluded. I challenge you to try and read two pages before you think WTAF!!! Delusion of the highest order and only ever talk about things from the Goldstone days and that Play off game that is forever etched in out brains that we just cant get over.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005

Come on, we all know it is NEVER their fault... They wouldn't dare say anything about Parish's fan club.. The Holmesdale Pathetics.... The majority of who, aren't even Palace fans...

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
The away end is even more deluded. I challenge you to try and read two pages before you think WTAF!!! Delusion of the highest order and only ever talk about things from the Goldstone days and that Play off game that is forever etched in out brains that we just cant get over.

Tbf the away end is a better place now swooping gull has pissed off . Didn't he have the record for the most posts in one day ? And he seemed really proud of his childlike ramblings and childlike spelling , bless him .

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Tbf the away end is a better place now swooping gull has pissed off . Didn't he have the record for the most posts in one day ? And he seemed really proud of his childlike ramblings and childlike spelling , bless him .

Tell me do you think it would be better if any other regulars pissed off?

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Yea of course it is Dougie - It's the same BS day in day out over there and you're part of it. I stepped away as it is very child like over there, fun why it lasted of course putting you cretins in your place but every thing must come to an end at some point.

I see I'm still talked about over there so must of had an impact, and the same stuff still being spouted. I rest my case.

Sweet dreams princess. Xx

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Yea of course it is Dougie - It's the same BS day in day out over there and you're part of it. I stepped away as it is very child like over there, fun why it lasted of course putting you cretins in your place but every thing must come to an end at some point.

I see I'm still talked about over there so must of had an impact, and the same stuff still being spouted. I rest my case.

Sweet dreams princess. Xx

This is so the truth.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
It’s no different, really, to knowing one of the players or a club official and getting a comp through them. Something else I think the club should probably keep a tight rein on (they may do already). Same with sponsors, etc. There’s plenty who get to go to the games they want without having to build up loyalty the way the system tells us they need to.

It shouldn’t after all these years, but it still irks me that my in-laws got tickets for the cup final through Tony Millard. It’s probably the only football match my mother-in-law has ever been to! At least they brought up their kids to all be loyal supporters, though, so I’ll let them off and continue to bite my tongue when the story is given an airing.

With players comps, the intention is clearly to allow friends and family to watch them and it is a rather limited supply. As for sponsors, there is a difference between them dishing out tickets for matches they sponsor at the Amex and getting an allocation for away games (although you can forgive the American Express for getting a regular supply). We have about 2000 1901 members so in theory that could be almost our entire allocation for some away games. Now I appreciate that many of those are probably in peoples names so fair play. However, a ticket should not accrue loyalty points in the same way that an individual can.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I don’t know as they’re not mine but as I understand it points are allocated to a fan number. I know my friend has two tickets in a company name as this is not only tax advantageous but is also how they were originally sold. He goes every game, normally with his partner, but I’ve had an invite once a season for the last 4 years as his guest and he sometimes entertains other friends or clients on the other ticket.

If you have a ticket that is used every week why should you not get points just because you were told to put it in the company name by the club sales team and your accountant.

But as I said I don’t know for certain so feel free to take it up with the club if it’s bugging you that much. I’m sure they’ll be delighted to discuss their corporate hospitality strategy with you.

This is really taking the issue off on a tangent though. My point is for most games some tickets will genuinely not be held by the person showing up. Not just corporate but comps for players and club officials. Palace have also previously sold boxes for the Brighton game because I remember [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] posting about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree that if someone uses the ticket week in week out then they should get the points and the flaw in the system is that it seems it is the ticket that accrues the points and not the individual when the ticket is in a corporate name. Club should make changes to reflect this bearing in mind the loyalty point system wasn't introduced at the same time the club were trying to fill the ground.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Agreed. Its a desperately pathetic forum, utterly devoid of any wit or humour. Just the same handful of tired old semi-literate buffoons posting endless cretinous childish abuse at each other, across a handful of gargantuan threads, about the same old subjects, over and over and over again. Its just a perpetual online GOONFEST of the highest order. Pitiful.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
The train after the match details.

Special train intended to run from Norwood Junction at 45 minutes after final whistle to Three Bridges, Haywards Heath and Brighton only for Albion fans.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003

Special train intended to run from Norwood Junction at 45 minutes after final whistle to Three Bridges, Haywards Heath and Brighton only for Albion fans.

At 5.57pm according to earlier link.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly

What if some Palace toughies get on that train....who will protect us?

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
It does seem strange that the people slagging off the away end on the bbs, were regular posters.
Some left under a cloud, and some were trolling idiots.
Back on track, it seems all the pubs around Norwood Junction have been advised to shut by the Met.
Police overkill at its finest .

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here