Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] That journey back from old Trafford - the Monday afternoon bored post

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Didn't manage to get back till about 3:30 on Sunday afternoon. Mind you that included the tram back to the city centre, drinks at The Old Monkey (mysteriously shutting before 12 on a Saturday) the Grey Horse (probably the smallest pub we've been in on tour this year), cab, hotel, crap shower, cab, Piccadilly (full English), Euston, Victoria, Gatwick, Burgess Hill and the last cab of the weekend.

Tomdibble

Mar 5, 2018
West Norwood London
Didn't manage to get back till about 3:30 on Sunday afternoon. Mind you that included the tram back to the city centre, drinks at The Old Monkey (mysteriously shutting before 12 on a Saturday) the Grey Horse (probably the smallest pub we've been in on tour this year), cab, hotel, crap shower, cab, Piccadilly (full English), Euston, Victoria, Gatwick, Burgess Hill and the last cab of the weekend.
Well played sir

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014

What about the Doric Arch at Euston you bloody lightweight?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
What about the Doric Arch at Euston you bloody lightweight?

Hands up, I'm a lightweight! Drinking till about 1:30 on Friday and then from about mid day on Saturday through to about 1:30 again, the only respite being the 45 minutes of each half. Felt crap on the train on the way back!

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Hands up, I'm a lightweight! Drinking till about 1:30 on Friday and then from about mid day on Saturday through to about 1:30 again, the only respite being the 45 minutes of each half. Felt crap on the train on the way back!

I'll let you off this time.

seagurl

Mar 21, 2012
Snow story

Coached it there and back. Slight diversion down to Banbury to avoid problems on M40. My brother and I were dropped off at 4am in middle of a blizzard at Withdean. Trying to get the car up Withdean road was a nightmare ending in my brother's car sliding into a hoarding and writing off the front wing.

:facepalm:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Went on the lash, stayed at a premier inn, all you could eat fry up in the morning and a pleasent drive home Sunday afternoon .

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
One thing I've learnt from this weekend, Man City (will be mid week) will be an overnighter in Manchester. There is an Ibis Budget, Pollard St at £26 right next to station and 15 mins from Etihad.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Same here. Great location for hotel, well worth £77! Also we all enjoyed a day at the Football museum before the drive back. Went on M6 Toll as a treat so was Back in BN18 within 5 hours drive time.

Yep paid £68 for my room, got to drive back rested and in daylight. I did panic a bit seeing the forecast for Sunday but the weather held fine for the five hour drive back 1 stop.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Dropped son at Gatwick at 03.15 as he was heading off on a flight at 06.00.(Otherwise would have stayed up there.) Home just before 4am. A pretty slow journey back, not helped by accident on M40 - hope everyone OK, didn't look serious.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
First time using seagulls travel. Great service would recommend it. Coach got back to the Amex about 3:30 in the morning, where inches of snow had fallen. They had cleared car park and not issues getting out. I have a rear wheel drive mx5 (I am a girl) and my mum lives in Hangleton, so after what felt like skiing my car down snaky hill (pretty scary), there was no way it was going to get up the other side. So pulled of at the bottom and parked up, then walked to my mums from there, got in about 4:30. Quite an adventure. Picked the car up Sunday afternoon and it was like I imagined it, snow all gone.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Stayed at my brother's house overnight. Left Stockport area at 3pm sunday by train. All fine until Victoria where we were caught up by SASTA announcing signalling problems. Back to Portslade 40 mins later than planned.

Jimmehh

Mar 21, 2016
Sussex by the Sea
Glad to hear everybody had some uneventful journeys home Saturday night...

I went up and back with Seagull Travel... Got onto the M6 and at Knutsford Services right infront of our coach had a sainsburys lorry spin a car, proceed to smash into it, and almost send it right into the front grill of the coach we were on.

We then managed to safely navigate that, before getting stuck in the M40 standstill traffic after a 3 car RTC (Hope everyone was ok - appeared so when we passed though).

Weather then picked up as we were between there and Oxford which was a bit unnerving...

Safely managed our way through before we got to Ashington/Washington to see a car smashed up with the woman driver shaken but unharmed luckily - didn't seem to have a clue as to why we had to call the police/ambulance (4 in the morning with bad weather and a smashed up car on the side of the dual carriageway... no idea) but we all managed to get back safely...

What a journey... got in at 4:45... Grim.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Stayed overnight in city centre. We decided to walk the 3 miles to ground along the Rochdale canal, which was amazing in the snow. Advantage of being expat was sub 3 hour (just) drive home.

Bazzza67

Feb 6, 2011
Brighton, UK
Lost the rugby, lost the football, then travelled back to Leeds, en route to Garforth where all the trouble started. Took nearly two hours to get a cab in Leeds City Centre, when
we finally got in one, it travelled two miles, took a roundabout too quickly in the snow and we collided with a traffic island, cab front near side wheel damaged, got turfed out
5 miles from where we were staying, in a blizzard at 1:30 am. Luckliy got a signal on my phone downloaded the Uber App and got a cab in 5 minutes, Uber saved the day!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here