Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lance Armstrong ends fight against doping charges part deux

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You know how I come to this 'knowledge', you've nicely summed that up:-

Is there a sport that is unaffected by drugs, probably not. Is anyone really surprised or raging about it anymore, I don't think so, only when 'one of our boys is caught'.

To have the world's biggest sport worth billions of pounds free from any PED tainting is ludicrous.
The same applies to tennis, basketball.
How much credibility will the first sub 2 hour marathon have?
What's the difference between Lance and Usan?
Why does nobody ask 'how come Seattle Seahawks have numerous PED violations, but no other NFL team'.

If everybody says nothing, as and when 'The Scandal of the Century' breaks, possible in the build up to Rio '14, at least 3 things will be reported in the media:-

- I always had suspicions about 'them'.
- It was probably the wrong pill from Holland and Barrett (if it's about 'us')
- No drug can make you kick a ball straight.

Who knows instead of blindly agreeing the good people of NSC might look at this thread, and it's predecessor, and come to more informed conclusions.
If that were to happen, I'd be very happy.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
You know how I come to this 'knowledge', you've nicely summed that up:-

To have the world's biggest sport worth billions of pounds free from any PED tainting is ludicrous.
The same applies to tennis, basketball.
How much credibility will the first sub 2 hour marathon have?
What's the difference between Lance and Usan?
Why does nobody ask 'how come Seattle Seahawks have numerous PED violations, but no other NFL team'.

If everybody says nothing, as and when 'The Scandal of the Century' breaks, possible in the build up to Rio '14, at least 3 things will be reported in the media:-

- I always had suspicions about 'them'.
- It was probably the wrong pill from Holland and Barrett (if it's about 'us')
- No drug can make you kick a ball straight.

Who knows instead of blindly agreeing the good people of NSC might look at this thread, and it's predecessor, and come to more informed conclusions.
If that were to happen, I'd be very happy.

Hey Stat Brother, in me you are preaching to the converted, I cannot think of a sport that is not tainted. But with the money and demands of the game it is inevitable that there is use of PEDS, but whether there will be any individuals caught before or at RIO 2014 who knows.

It wasn't lost on me that Ukrainian athletes at the winter Olympics tested positive, whilst their country underwent a coup and bucked Russian influence.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hey Stat Brother, in me you are preaching to the converted, I cannot think of a sport that is not tainted. But with the money and demands of the game it is inevitable that there is use of PEDS, but whether there will be any individuals caught before or at RIO 2014 who knows.

It wasn't lost on me that Ukrainian athletes at the winter Olympics tested positive, whilst their country underwent a coup and bucked Russian influence.
Nobody will be 'caught' before Rio '14.
Hey if you don't test you can't have a problem.

But there has to be enough historical evidence about to pries open the can of worms.
A la Lance, once the filthy truth starts to come out, I doubt they'll be much that could hold the tidal wave back.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Last edited:

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Now we have The Wall Street Journal sticking it to FIFA and their (lack of) drug testing procedure:-

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles...0001424052702303949704579459312166416716.html

I was going to highlight some 'choice' statements from the report, but it's all so shocking I don't know where to begin.

Juxtapose that with Cav's nonchalant tweet, this morning:-

[tweet]448414245169160193[/tweet]

Ghent Wevelgem 2007, stayed in the hotel with the team, our biggest race of that year thus far, 5.00 am all woken by knocking on the doors, including me. Doping control, all tested, no one positive, but the riders couldn't get anymore sleep. Really couldn't see Rooney or Suarez being woken under such conditions. I'm with you Stat on your mission, of course it is still going on in cycling, but there is massive denial in almost any other sport you care to mention.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]449991401691185152[/tweet]

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If it wasn't so serious it would be comical

http://www.thetennisspace.com/anomalies-abound-in-2013-drug-testing-figures/

Roger Federer suggested not so long ago that he felt he had been tested less often than he was a few years ago, a feeling that is borne out by the fact that he was tested only 4-6 times in-competition in 2013. Rafael Nadal, Andy Murray and Maria Sharapova were also tested only 4-6 times.
Now since most medical experts will tell you that you would have to be an idiot to test positive for a performance-enhancing substance during an event, the emphasis has been placed on out-of-competition testing, and rightly so. Again, though, there are anomalies.

Nadal, Federer, Azarenka,Sharapova, Tomas Berdych, Wawrinka, Ferrer and Marion Bartoli were all tested seven times or more out of competition, but Djokovic, Murray and Serena Williams were “only” tested 4-6 times. Venus Williams was tested between one and three times...

...it seems bizarre that many players, including top players, were not tested at all, out of competition, by the ITF in 2013...

...it is revealed that Juan Martin Del Potro, among others, was not tested at all out of competition in 2013. This, in a year when he won four titles and reached the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals. Nor, equally bizarrely, was Jelena Jankovic, in a year when she rediscovered top form to return to the top 10...

...Wayne Odesnik, who served one year of a two-year ban after being caught bringing vials of HGH (human growth hormone) into Australia, was not tested at all in competition, and only between one and three times out of competition.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Jokers :nono:

Seems like this thread only exists to us cycling fans though! At least we will be able to say we knew it if/when the shit hits the fan.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
At least we will be able to say we knew it if/when the shit hits the fan.
It's that thought that keeps it going.

As said to someone, maybe [MENTION=26606]Brighton Mod[/MENTION], for me the whole point of this thread is so when the ploppy does start flying, and we all know it will, the good folk of NSC will be able to take centre stage.
When the 'sheep' start regurgitating the party line trotted out by FIFA, ITF et al, an NSC'er in ear shot will be able to say:-
'you can't be surprised, did you know more drug testing was carried out in Belgium pigeon racing than tennis in 2012'.
Plus a 1001 other facts the governing bodies would like to keep quiet about.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
:bounce:

Well worth a read for those who deny PED's.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]506827739689926656[/tweet]

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's been a while:-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/athletics/30424636

World Anti-Doping Agency to investigate TV allegations

The World Anti-Doping Agency is to investigate allegations made in a series of German TV documentaries.
Wada said they had reached the decision after "careful review" of the footage.
It was claimed a top British athlete escaped investigation after athletics' governing body, the IAAF, chose not to look at 150 suspicious blood samples.
"The allegations require close scrutiny," said Wada president Sir Craig Reedie.
German broadcaster ARD reported claims from an anonymous member of the IAAF's medical commission that there was no targeted testing of athletes who had returned abnormal blood samples between 2006 and 2008.
As well as three unnamed British athletes, including one well-known figure, it is alleged that many of the samples involved were from Russian competitors with athletes from Kenya, Germany, Spain and Morocco also implicated.
The Russian Athletics Federation has threatened legal action against ARD, rejecting its allegations as "lies".

In less potentially shocking news.
Astana cycling team run by a prominent doper has had contact with Lance's former trainer and is now failing dope tests like it's the last days of Rome.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
This guy just doesn't disappear from the news ..involved in car accident with his girlfriend initially taking the rap

And this barely days after he was complaining that his lifetime ban from sport had been "brutal" while maintaining that he would do it all again given the same circumstances.

Sorry Mr Armstrong. Until you show something approaching contrition and a passing acquaintanceship with the truth people are likely to keep thinking you a bit of a cad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here