Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Dr Who

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Abysmal. I especially disliked the list of upcoming guest "stars" over the end credits. That theme tune, ruined. And it has definitely turned more infantile. What a waste.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I loved it when I was a kid. Tom Baker was awesome. K9 etc, brilliant.

As I got older (teenage) it became a bit too silly, too obvious, a kid's programme.

I've tried again a few times over the years because of people raving about it and because I have a kid. Every time it's been disappointing and too much like a CBBC programme. Nipper never got into it and now, at 11, he calls it something for kids.....

Makes people happy so that's fine but don't slag people off for calling it children's TV as that's what it's always been.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I was surprised to see that the chap with dyspraxia was learning to ride a bike on a steep hill without wearing a helmet.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
Very poorly written first episode. That bit at the end with future guest stars was cringeworthy. Jury still out on Jody. Liked the retro theme tune remix. I’ll give it a couple more episodes to see if it improves.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
They have already commissioned a new series to keep all the Snowflakes happy
d55fba7041835ded3bfd047894af0f90.jpg

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

reading a book called Sub at the moment , all interviews with blokes serving on a nuclear submarine , very interesting , dont think i would have wantrd to serve on a diesel electric though :lolol:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
reading a book called Sub at the moment , all interviews with blokes serving on a nuclear submarine , very interesting , dont think i would have wantrd to serve on a diesel electric though [emoji38]ol:

Have you read 'Sea Wolves' by Tim Clayton? It's all about WW2 submariners - very interesting book, and some very unpleasant sounding experiences to say the least.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Have you read 'Sea Wolves' by Tim Clayton? It's all about WW2 submariners - very interesting book, and some very unpleasant sounding experiences to say the least.

i havent , ill look out for it .

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Best Boat Book out is " Hunter Killers"
Knocks spots of anything else out there and a lot of stuff in there that the Public never knew about when we went up north.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Best Boat Book out is " Hunter Killers"
Knocks spots of anything else out there and a lot of stuff in there that the Public never knew about when we went up north.

I'll check that one out.

Thanks [emoji106]

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I thought it was really good last night. To a degree, it's gone back to basics and back in touch with it's traditional family audience. I think it needed to, otherwise it is completely wasted in the 6.45-7pm slot.

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
reading a book called Sub at the moment , all interviews with blokes serving on a nuclear submarine , very interesting , dont think i would have wantrd to serve on a diesel electric though :lolol:

Is it by Danny Danzinger ?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I remember being scared by these Liquorice All-Sorts when I was about 4.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015

are you interested in the bomber war fro. an raf perspective at.all ?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here