Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[MENTION=17085]armchairclubber[/MENTION] has smashed this 1! I however, am at least consistent..ly shit!!

T'is a snickers and not a sprint, ACC might be in trouble when we pop over to The Ardennes.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
[MENTION=17085]armchairclubber[/MENTION] has smashed this 1! I however, am at least consistent..ly shit!!

It's a snickers, not a sprint :wink:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
ha, you boys took one hell of a beating AGAIN.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Praise the lord

99% pedalling time rides are a piece of piss, but the three-figure result was all elusive until the religious Easter day when despite stopping to take pics in a tiny 900-year-old Pilgrim church, I hit it.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Fantasy Arsebiscuits.

I thought I was being super cunning.
Noticing the 'big boys' were all in for Flanders & Roubaix, I figured there was some easy points to harvest in Scheldeprijs, today.

So I bought in DeMare and Groenewegen, specifically for today and both have been kicked off the race for riding through a level crossing. :lol: :facepalm:

[tweet]981524629301989378[/tweet]

Last edited:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
How strong will Quick Step be in the GT's this season?

As 10 says, although it does depend on your definition of 'strong'.

They most definitely aren't Sky and Movistar or to a lesser extent, UAE, Scott or Bahrain, GT strong.
But they'll win a few stages and might make a halfarsed attempt for one of the green jerseys, which any of the other teams would bite your hand off for.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Cheers 10, I'm beginning to get to grips with it now. So would a team go specifically out to win the classics or is it a case of team size?

Quickstep have no time for anybody who can ride up a mountain, which is why they are limited in the tours.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
But will we be eating our words if Bob Jungles goes and does a Tom D?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
But will we be eating our words if Bob Jungles goes and does a Tom D?
I was going to mention Bob, as well, assuming he does well it'll be a fairly solo effort, until the Sky approach.

I was also going to point out Tricky has had a 'marginal gains' Fantasy winning TdF team riding through this classic season, but if I were to do that I'd suggest everybody else lumps on a Sky rider to win on Sunday.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Cheers 10, I'm beginning to get to grips with it now. So would a team go specifically out to win the classics or is it a case of team size?

Quick Step are an out and out classics team. It is the main focus of their season. What has been most amazing about this season is that with the introduction of Gilbert they've got 'stars' working superbly as a team, and that makes them pretty much unbeatable. Previously their strength in depth has sometimes been their weakness ( watch Stannards Oomloop win from a few seasons back if you want a laugh of how this can work).

What's amazing this season is that apart from their A listers, their young up and coming sprinters have cruised the minor Classics as well. Yesterday for example, had Hodeg not got a puncture with 14km to go. the Steppers would have got a 1,2 on the stage I reckon, judging by his easy the sprint as for Jakobsen.

The Wolf Pack is what they're all calling themselves now. Their version of #together.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here