Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Two England supporters in a bad way in Marseille according to French press

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
You know and I know, scenes like the last few days were nothing compared to the early 80's when it was common place to be in such situation. This is where the last few years has brought all the scarfs back to England away games forgetting what could happen
true.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You know and I know, scenes like the last few days were nothing compared to the early 80's when it was common place to be in such situation. This is where the last few years has brought all the scarfs back to England away games forgetting what could happen

Fair point. It would appear that a number of relatively calm tournaments have led the various authorities to take their eyes off the ball with safety and security.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

yeah ....but the same cannot be said for the marseilles police......perhaps the fans could afford a false sense of security but the local coppers ....?? completely oblivious ....?? unaware....??

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
May I add to my earlier post, that it would be great if you could also f**k off from the Remain camp....and then f**k off from the Labour Party, ....followed by f*****g off from Jeremy Corbyn appreciation society.......and finally f**k off away from your poor, wretched wife, whose only pleasure in life away from you is when you are making over 34,000 posts on this forum alone.

Far be it for me to tell tales [MENTION=4790]cjd[/MENTION], or post anything that might make your blood pressure rise, but I have it on VERY good authority that [MENTION=409]Herr Tubthumper[/MENTION] is related to Ken Brown.

#TapsNose

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Glad to hear he is safe. Goes to prove that some who like to tarnish all England supporters as "white trash" etc, seem to forget the ordinary England followers.

Not one person has labelled ALL England supporters like that - just the ones giving it large looking for trouble, and no doubt provoked as well as being provoked. Unfortunately it is the minority that ruin it for everyone else just trying to enjoy themselves at a football match.

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
I got back around an hour ago. Having been in Marseille in 1998 we took the early decision to avoid Vieux Port this time round and had no issues where we were (Castellane). As the afternoon progressed we were joined by more and more 'evacuees' from the old town, many of whom were covered in blood and absolutely terrified at what they'd seen. Axes and knives drawn, metal bars used to beat people. Premeditated and indiscriminate attacks by highly trained Russian ultras. One guy we spoke to was shaking, he'd seen the incident which required the victim to be resuscitated and was convinced he'd witnessed a murder. Most of these folk were not troublemakers, they were either young and naïve or simply ignorant of what the rest of us knew would happen in the port. English troublemakers seem to draw the line at chucking a few bottles /chairs about and maybe a bit of posturing and fisticuffs (all unacceptable, of course), but the Russians don't even have a pen with which to draw a line.

sten

sister ray
Jul 14, 2003
eastside
He's got completed caned on that post!!! Pages of it!
Shaneyy G ‏@ShaneyyG4 Jun 11

[MENTION=13936]piers[/MENTION]morgan @owenhumphreys1 @EURO2016 The fact that you're on TV? Phone hacking dead girls? Cuddling up to a degenerate like Donald Trump?

Superb reply to a odious traitorous little man never forgive him for that mirror story about our troops

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
yeah ....but the same cannot be said for the marseilles police......perhaps the fans could afford a false sense of security but the local coppers ....?? completely oblivious ....?? unaware....??

Been going on since the dawn of time kettled in and attacked by the French police near Parc De Prince years ago

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
What is the security up to here? Flares in the ground during this game, why are they not trying to protect innocent fans going to games? What are they searching for?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Why were there no police in that end? How did flares get into the ground? One could go on..lot of questions to be answered and responsibility taken

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Why were there no police in that end? How did flares get into the ground? One could go on..lot of questions to be answered and responsibility taken

But all UEFA have done is open an investigation in to Russia, nothing said about the general policing and stewarding of the event. They are supposedly on high terrorist alert yet people are taking explosives in to the grounds

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
But all UEFA have done is open an investigation in to Russia, nothing said about the general policing and stewarding of the event. They are supposedly on high terrorist alert yet people are taking explosives in to the grounds

I think it is now obvious that the French police to put it politely, are not very good.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
I think it is now obvious that the French police to put it politely, are not very good.

It genuinely looks like they have over staffed a port to help kettle England fans (along with helping the Russians and locals to beat them up) and forgotten to look after the games themselves.

Another 2 gone off in the last 10 mins

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here