Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC Banner Ad

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
How petty. Anytime I buy from Amazon I use the link at the top. Its not much, but it helps.

You'll not be banned but there is an item on my 'to do' list to block NSC content from those who have chosen to block some elements of the pages we serve. You'll know it when it happens. If you then want to whitelist NSC, you can. Otherwise, I understand there are other football message boards you can use.

little al

Crystal Palace fan
Apr 4, 2009
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
You'll not be banned but there is an item on my 'to do' list to block NSC content from those who have chosen to block some elements of the pages we serve. You'll know it when it happens. If you then want to whitelist NSC, you can. Otherwise, I understand there are other football message boards you can use.

Cheers, my adblock is on as standard, but I will make an exception.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Well I wish I hadn't, I have never searched for Rod Stewart tickets in my life.

Consider yourself punished.

Stupid question, [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION], but does NSC get anything just for displaying the ads? I whitelist NSC on my Ad-Blocker, but don't even notice the ads and never click on them.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Consider yourself punished.

Stupid question, [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION], but does NSC get anything just for displaying the ads? I whitelist NSC on my Ad-Blocker, but don't even notice the ads and never click on them.

We use a few different networks, the main one being Google Adsense.

Around 75% of the ads that Google serves pay just for being there - we get no more if anyone clicks on them. They pay very, very little every time they are on a page, but over the course of an NSC day all those fractions of pennies add up.

The other ads pay only if someone clicks upon them.

I'm not able to distinguish which are which - it all happens inside Google's mysterious black box.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here