Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Inspirational Women

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
What a disgusting thread some people (I am guessing all men) are trying to turn this in to. Not only rude, but patronizing, ignorant and incredibly narrow minded. I am always proud to say I support Brighton and am from the local area given how liberal I thought the majority of us were. Threads like this prove that some (not all) Brighton fans are just as bad as all the other neanderthaloic fans of other clubs that we like to ridicule.

I know the word "banter" will be thrown about, but we all know the things said on this thread aren't acceptable. If this was Black Awareness Day or Remembrance Sunday, nothing of this nature would be said.

From reading this, people will probably think I am some extreme "bra burning" feminist, but I am not. I am a 24 year old guy that just thinks on a day such as International Woman's Day, we could all try and be slightly less immature and respect the day for what it is and why we have it.

Any views on this would be interesting!

Jack

Sorry.

Do you really think that because this on a Brighton fans forum the responses would somehow be different from that of any other club?

Is your implication that Brighton as a city is more educated and liberal than other more Neanderthal places? If so, you are very naive for a 24 year old....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
What a disgusting thread some people (I am guessing all men) are trying to turn this in to. Not only rude, but patronizing, ignorant and incredibly narrow minded. I am always proud to say I support Brighton and am from the local area given how liberal I thought the majority of us were. Threads like this prove that some (not all) Brighton fans are just as bad as all the other neanderthaloic fans of other clubs that we like to ridicule.

I know the word "banter" will be thrown about, but we all know the things said on this thread aren't acceptable. If this was Black Awareness Day or Remembrance Sunday, nothing of this nature would be said.

From reading this, people will probably think I am some extreme "bra burning" feminist, but I am not. I am a 24 year old guy that just thinks on a day such as International Woman's Day, we could all try and be slightly less immature and respect the day for what it is and why we have it.

Jack

Agreed - some comments are genuinely depressing - shows just how far we have to go. The “banter” defence just doesn’t wash.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
What with it being International Womens day and that, are there any of the fairer sex who have truly inspired you?

I admire a few but can't say I've ever actually been inspired by any, to be honest they get right on my tits most of the time.

Suppose that has got to be better than you being on theirs.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Paging [MENTION=1483]London Irish[/MENTION]. Seem to recall him being quite the Aung San Suu Kyi fanboy back in the day.

She was inspirational and was under house arrest for over 10 years but IMO no longer so.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Jack

Some backward think types on here I'm afraid, anyone who disagrees is branded a snowflake

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

Jack

Man up?

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Mira Rai.

[video]https://trailrunnermag.com/video/watch-running-in-nepal-mira-rai.html[/video]

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Katie Hopkins, speaks as she sees, no matter what others may think.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Jack

I apologise for posting an attempted humorous response and not taking everything totally seriously.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Jack

Wow, and people say football has been made overly sterile. I think you might be taking this thread and the posts rather too seriously. I've worked in numerous industries in numerous environments for over 30 years and in every single one, without exception, men have poked fun at women and women have poked fun at men. 99.9% of the time people of both genders take it in good humour. That doesn't mean I support the Harvey Weinstein type behaviour but I do think you need to chill slightly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here