Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Atletico Bilbao vs Moscow Spartak crowd trouble

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Time for UEFA to stay calm, remain neutral, and do nothing. What's the life of one Spanish policeman.....? Pfffft - the game's more important.........

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Those Russian mobs are ****in psychos
Anybody who has the misfortune to encounter Russians on holiday will not be surprised that their football fans are psychos. Everywhere they go in the world as tourists they make more enemies. Horrible people. I expect to see loads of trouble during the World Cup and I anticipate England fans to be one of their targets.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Anybody who has the misfortune to encounter Russians on holiday will not be surprised that their football fans are psychos. Everywhere they go in the world as tourists they make more enemies. Horrible people. I expect to see loads of trouble during the World Cup and I anticipate England fans to be one of their targets.
Nothing like generalizing a whole nation based upon a few nutters! I'm guessing you've never been to Russia, and your ignorance would prevent you from in the future?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Nothing like generalizing a whole nation based upon a few nutters! I'm guessing you've never been to Russia, and your ignorance would prevent you from in the future?

Not a few nutters. Have you encountered Russians on holiday? My comment is not based on ignorance.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I love Bilbao fantastic city, and they have a weeks long festival for children that’s amazing for kids. So I find this shocking as everyone is so friendly although fiercely proud of their basque heritage, also surprised Athletichave a bit of history as this is now the second time someone has died in Bilbao on a European night.

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
Hmmm. Young men (mainly) from the most paranoid nation on earth (Russia) and the largest city from a region that has been in permanent revolution (the Basque country). I am shocked, shocked.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Calling [MENTION=159]Stumpy Tim[/MENTION].

When he went to Russia recently on business, he was shocked to find how aggression and the male bravado so obvious in Putin is so ingrained in their culture. Half the middle age men in Russia are sporting crew cuts or short cropped hair. Nothing wrong with that of course, but there isn't the sprinkling of hipsters and more calm sub cultures you'll see in Western Europe or North America.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Time for UEFA to stay calm, remain neutral, and do nothing. What's the life of one Spanish policeman.....? Pfffft - the game's more important.........

This. UEFA/FIFA - bunch of utter tossers too afraid and cowardly to do anything but line
their own pockets.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

When he went to Russia recently on business, he was shocked to find how aggression and the male bravado so obvious in Putin is so ingrained in their culture. Half the middle age men in Russia are sporting crew cuts or short cropped hair. Nothing wrong with that of course, but there isn't the sprinkling of hipsters and more calm sub cultures you'll see in Western Europe or North America.
And their dress sense tchh

Stumpy Tim

Correct!

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Russians,awful people,the shite on the sole the Worlds shoe.

Russia has such a large and diverse ethnicity, that is such a sweeping statement, bear in mind those knuckle dragging wanna be hooligans and obnoxious tourists you come across (like we have a great record) seem to be white European/ Eastern European and Scandinavian heritage. Hark back 30/40 years when the NF were causing mayhem and our attitudes to women was far worse than today, they are just playing catch up.

I could think of far worse countries that title belongs to other than Russia.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Strip them of the World Cup. Enough's enough. Who in their right mind would want to go to Moscow and then feel safe?

England has the stadia to host it although it would be a real race against time now with just three and a half months to go.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Strip them of the World Cup. Enough's enough. Who in their right mind would want to go to Moscow and then feel safe?

England has the stadia to host it although it would be a real race against time now with just three and a half months to go.

Damn No, If they did take the world cup away from Russia, I honestly can't think to many countries would come forward and offer to hold it, fearing the repercussions from Putin, that could quickly escalate into a war over football.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here