Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
And the fact that the one Lib Dem MEP for South East England achieved next to naff all, if that, in that respect sums up the EU and the reasons for leaving it! Even the zealots who believed in it heart and soul and were prepared to submit everything to the rule of Brussels could not make the damn thing work for us.

But how do you feel about the likelyhood of EU Tarifs crippling our fishing industry even further? Does that not concern you?
And why are you concerned what remainers think? You won. It's all going to be good again. So why engage with losers?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
But how do you feel about the likelyhood of EU Tarifs crippling our fishing industry even further? Does that not concern you?

As I said earlier, 75% of The Falkland Islands fish catch is exported to The EU too. It's worth nearly £200m to their economy. As they'll be leaving OCTA when we leave The EU, with tariffs that are imposed it'll hurt them too. Large tariffs are applied by The US, China and India too on fish, so I don't know what new markets they're going to find with all these new trade deals we'll be doing.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
POP DOWN TO YOUR NEAREST FISHING HARBOUR AND TELL THE TRAWLER LADS THAT
regards
DR

Perhaps I could ask them who'll be buying their fish after we've left the single market?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Do you work for the EU?You sound petty enough to be a perfect fit.

Your definition of the "perfect fit" for working for the EU is "advocates law enforcement"? So presumably everyone who doesn't is actually pro-crime?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Impressive that so many on here know the future tariffs re the fishing industry before we've even started negotiating our new trade relationship with the EU.... :rolleyes:

Jan 30, 2008
Impressive that so many on here know the future tariffs re the fishing industry before we've even started negotiating our new trade relationship with the EU.... :rolleyes:
They just can't bring themselves to accept it's all over for their cause so engage in as much speculation and doom slaying as they can to feel so much better about themselves .............. THEY KNOW WHO THEY ARE :lolol:
regards
DR

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
They just can't bring themselves to accept it's all over for their cause so engage in as much speculation and doom slaying as they can to feel so much better about themselves .............. THEY KNOW WHO THEY ARE :lolol:
regards
DR

Or instead, throw their fish out of the boat.

OH WAIT ITS NOT THE TORIES YOU MEANT

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
regards
DR

It's a shame so many people choose to spend their spare time talking nonsense running the UK down ... it's like a disorder/condition. :facepalm:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
You have to remember that all his sad ramblings are based on his belief that anyone who disagrees with him is ignorant.

On fishing they are based on fishermen and wholesalers from my home town I've spoken to about the subject over many, many years, rather than the ramblings of an old man in Gloucester or a broflake in [MENTION=17469]melias shoes[/MENTION] who ignorantly accuses me of delighting in the plight of Hastonian fisherman.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Fishing makes up 0.3% of our GDP. It is an iconic but very small industry. We have more important things to worry about. Harsh but true. Voting leave has done that industry more harm than good anyway, they won't be able to shift the small amount of fish they are allowed to catch. Tarifs will finish off that market. Well done, you must be so proud of yourselves.

The Brexiteers need to be reminded we not Iceland and have 200 times the population. Fishing won't pay for NHS, Welfare, Defence, Pensions. Meanwhile they seem quite happy to let financial services go to the dogs

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here