Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Applying for a Turkish Visa on line.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The problem is, I applied on line on Friday, paid £70.92 for myself and the misses, but didn't include a copy of our passports or bank statements with the applications. I have no email of confirmation/rejection, no visas, and we are due to travel on Friday. The payment of £70.92 appears on my online and statement. I suppose worse case scenario, we could purchase the visas at Bodrum airport?........

What website did you use? Sounds like a con

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
The problem is, I applied on line on Friday, paid £70.92 for myself and the misses, but didn't include a copy of our passports or bank statements with the applications. I have no email of confirmation/rejection, no visas, and we are due to travel on Friday. The payment of £70.92 appears on my online and statement. I suppose worse case scenario, we could purchase the visas at Bodrum airport?........

You should not have to provide bank statements for the Visa. I would recommend contacting the E-Visa system team : https://www.evisa.gov.tr/en/feedback/

If needed and you have paid money to a scam website contact your card issuer to advise of the fraud,.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
You should not have to provide bank statements for the Visa. I would recommend contacting the E-Visa system team : https://www.evisa.gov.tr/en/feedback/

If needed and you have paid money to a scam website contact your card issuer to advise of the fraud,.

We went to Turkey last year and I don't remember needing a bank statement either.

Official link to the Turkey visa website from our government site is here.

As you've put:
https://www.evisa.gov.tr/en/

The website only takes US dollars, so [MENTION=1510]Binney on acid[/MENTION] your statement should be showing a conversion from $60 ($30 each) to GBP.

Lurker

56 years and counting ...
Mar 8, 2010
West Midlands

I'm sorry to have to confirm, but as others have already stated, it would appear you might well have been the victim of a scam?

I've just returned from Turkey.
We applied for our visas on-line only 3 weeks ago, and I'm confident the rules have not changed in the subsequent 3 weeks.
No bank statements required, no copies of passports ... a very simple on-line application that took no more than 2 minutes to complete and cost a 'mere' 20 US dollars each. ( It translated to £16.68 per visa on my credit card statement.)

You can apparently buy the visas when you touch down at the airport, but I'm glad I didn't choose this option because the queues to buy Visas looked extremely long to me!

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
I was warned about these scam visa sites the 1st time I travelled to turkey, unfortunately as already mentioned it sounds like this could be the case here.
I’d contact your bank ASAP

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
No it isnt. So I dont get the 'post brexit' part of your comment.

Well, post Brexit (if executed properly) we (those resident in the UK) will be outside the EU, just like Turkey.

Non UK passport holders will need to get visas to visit or work in the UK, and it is re-assuring to understand that the process is very simple to complete.

Happy days!

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Better a few naive innocents conned out of a few quid than allowing in convicted thieves, rapists and murderers.

I know......before you say it......no one gets robbed, stabbed, raped or murdered by migrants in Germany.

All is wunderbar!

Balders

Aug 19, 2013
If you are using the official Turkey eVisa site, the only issue I have experienced with clients and our own Golf Tours to Turkey, is that when you apply and use a btinternet email address, you don't get the email with the link to confirm and pay. Something about btinternet SSL Certificates being a bit picky and not letting emails through from that site. It's 100% legit though, $20 each and doesn't ask for any attachments!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Well this is fortunate. I'm off to Turkey next Monday for work, and had no idea I needed a visa. NSC have saved me queuing at the airport!

Hopefully your work is not robbery, raping or murdering as the eVisa stops this sort of thing at source. :thumbsup:

lost in london

Dec 10, 2003
London
Colleague also lost money on one of the fake visa websites, take your time to make sure you use the legit link other people have provided.

I saved any chance of being scammed by the dodgy website when I went to Istanbul by being completely ignorant. None of our group had a visa so had to buy one at the airport.

Binney on acid

NSC Patreon
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
Thanks everyone for your input. My bank account hasn't been compromised, and I have discussed the matter with them. I have received a crap response from the website and the matter is ongoing, as I still don't have a visa. The bank actually said that there are resellers of visas, that bump up the cost of the visa with their commission, but they are legit. I'll have a chat with the misses later. Worst case scenario, I lose £70 and pay for one at the airport.

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
Thanks everyone for your input. My bank account hasn't been compromised, and I have discussed the matter with them. I have received a crap response from the website and the matter is ongoing, as I still don't have a visa. The bank actually said that there are resellers of visas, that bump up the cost of the visa with their commission, but they are legit. I'll have a chat with the misses later. Worst case scenario, I lose £70 and pay for one at the airport.

That's a bugger - if you want a positive spin - you'll make that £70 back in a couple of meals in Turkey, or as another example of how cheap it is....taxi from Hove to Gatwick £40 for 30 min journey, later that day taxi transfer in Turkey, two hour journey - less than £30 - including complimentary bottles of water!

Go and enjoy your holiday.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Well, post Brexit (if executed properly) we (those resident in the UK) will be outside the EU, just like Turkey.

Non UK passport holders will need to get visas to visit or work in the UK, and it is re-assuring to understand that the process is very simple to complete.

Happy days!

What did you think would happen?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Well this is fortunate. I'm off to Turkey next Monday for work, and had no idea I needed a visa. NSC have saved me queuing at the airport!

Same here -
Going Sunday!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here