Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Drunk on a passenger aircraft.

Waynflete

Nov 10, 2009
New figures show more flights than ever are having problems with passenger behaviour on board a plane due to passengers being drunk. Quite what the answer is i am not sure but a simple breath test like as in a car has been suggested and if our the limit you don't board plus the option of no refund. We have been lucky all our flights have been trouble free (and long may that continue) with so many flights almost 24/7 often early morning departure times you can often be at your destination well before lunchtime. We travel clear headed,arrive unpack and then chillax without the need to sleep it off. https://inews.co.uk/news/long-reads/drunk-airline-plane-passengers-alcohol-flights-flying/

I like how you specified that this is about passenger aircraft, as opposed to fighter aircraft... I think I’d have more problem with people being drunk on those :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Don’t worry the feeling will be mutual.

ah come on, you must see a spoons full of people at gatwick off on their annuals, laughing and having fun, and think - what's wrong with them.

I spend a lot of time on planes and the only time i have seen people properly performing was on flight back from new york after st patricks, that could have gone a bit wrong if had not been handled properly. For the countless others, not a peep.

If i am smashing it to Asia for 13 hours i want a nice drink, its the only time in my life i get 13 hours peace. I am not having any killjoys ruining that for me because someone bumped into the back of their seat on their easyjet to larnaca last summer.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
I almost never drink before a flight because I usually catch an early flight out and I usually hire a car when I get there. I have no problem with people getting absolutely slaughtered, should they so choose, as long as they don't cause me any grief.

On a related note, don't you get more pissed if you drink on a plane, due to the lower pressure ?

I've always heard that - but I have always found the opposite. We once drank a flight to Mexico dry and I didn't feel anything more than tipsy. I would put more money behind the airlines watering down the booze to stop people getting silly.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
what do you like to do on your holidays driver8?

Fair point The Spanish,but for us our holiday when we get there without a hangover so i am with Driver8. Leek is no different from many other places in the UK and some pubs are open for the breakfast pint,just not for us.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
We caught a long haul to Mexico a few years ago at 7am.

Four blokes got on, clearly out of it through drink or drugs.

Behaved like absolute twats the whole flight until eventually the pilot diverted to Bermuda and they were kicked off the flight. It was in the papers but I can't be arsed to find it.

It's difficult to police, but these BELLS were blatantly twatted. They should have been prevented from getting on.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
ah come on, you must see a spoons full of people at gatwick off on their annuals, laughing and having fun, and think - what's wrong with them.

I’m generally excited enough to be going on holiday without worrying about other people.

I don’t even know if there is a Weatherspoons at Manchester where I fly from.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
I always get hammered on the plane on the way back from stag dos. It's the worst feeling. I get quieter when I do it cos the worst person you could ever be is one of those wazzocks making noise on a plane.

Last time an air stewardess told me off for drinking a can and I ended up buying her an apologetic drink in Gatwick M&S.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
It is an absolute MUST to have a few beers at the airport before going on holiday. Regardless of the time. Got a flight to Mallorca with the family next month flight time 5.30am. I will 100% have 3-4 pints before. Nothing wrong with me, just part of holiday tradition.

For the record I've never been pissed to the point of being abusive or disruptive on a plane - and agree anyone who has done that is a tit. They give all of us peaceful airbourne drinkers a bad name.
Absolutely and once i wobbled so bad on a flight to Ibiza I was shocked I got on:lolol::lolol:

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
If something goes wrong with the plane, I would prefer to have had a few drinks than be sober.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
It is an absolute MUST to have a few beers at the airport before going on holiday. Regardless of the time. Got a flight to Mallorca with the family next month flight time 5.30am. I will 100% have 3-4 pints before. Nothing wrong with me, just part of holiday tradition.

For the record I've never been pissed to the point of being abusive or disruptive on a plane - and agree anyone who has done that is a tit. They give all of us peaceful airbourne drinkers a bad name.

It's a British tradition.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
The answer is simple, don’t sell alcohol at airports. Why people feel the need to get pissed up before flying is beyond me. As for people drinking at 7.00 in the morning, wtf is wrong with you?

I don’t normally wait until 7.00 .

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Three/four pints and a couple of Valium before I get on any plane. Am I a nervous flyer ? I was once but I don’t care to find out now.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Never understood why people need to drink. Ever.

But, that said, in terms of airports and 7am, just remember that some people may be transiting and for their bodyclock, 7am is 9pm or whatever.

That doesn’t account for the majority....if you’re at Gatwick North on any given morning, it’ll be mostly holidaymakers getting on it.........

veuve

Jun 27, 2015
i prefere flying when modestly pissed,it takes the edge off and starts the holibobables

veuve

Jun 27, 2015
i prefere life when moderately pissed,it takes the edge off and starts the day

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Like all anti-social behaviour, what's required is a decent deterrent.

For flights, the pre take-off briefing by cabin-crew should include a sentence on where the parachutes are stowed and that misbehaving drunks will be ejected regardless of whether over land or sea. Followed up with, "Seriously, if you cause us a problem, we'll cause you a problem, we'll divert to the nearest airport where you will be handed over to local police, leaving you to make your own way home where your baggage will be waiting for you - have a pleasant and peaceful flight."

Leaves all those who want to have a few, at whatever time they like, to go about it as a sensible adult.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here