Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adam Johnson pleads guilty

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Johnson is accused of grooming the teenager between 30 December 2014 and 26 February 2015 and having met with her to carry out sexual activity knowing that she was under 16, the age of consent. Standing in the dock, Johnson answered “guilty”.

In a second count, Johnson is charged with intentionally touching the complainant in a sexual way knowing that she was under 16. He briefly consulted his legal team before answering “guilty, yeah”.

Second bit here suggests that isn't true?

First time I've seen that he 'knew' she was under age - has changed my opinion on the matter completely. I was assuming this could have been a case of not knowing her age. Poor from Johnson I'm afraid IMO.

I totally agree. If he knew she was under age then he should go to jail on that alone.

However, I occasionally stay at hotels where footballers stay overnight in the lead up to matches and there are constantly girls whom you look at and you ask yourself the question. is she even 16 ? and those girls are there solely to try an pick up a footballer or to at least try and pass their telephone numbers on to the players.

This whole scenario is a nightmare for the courts to deal with and very difficult for the players to deal with. Most of them cope well and can stay well away but there are going to be some who are tempted

The whole glamourisation of Footballer's wife status had SADLY put ''Footballers Wife'' on the careers list at school nowadays

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In a second count, Johnson is charged with intentionally touching the complainant in a sexual way knowing that she was under 16. He briefly consulted his legal team before answering “guilty, yeah”.
[/B][/I]
Second bit here suggests that isn't true?

Kissing could count as touching in a matter such as this. Much more than that and somebody could expect to be facing even more serious charges.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The whole glamourisation of Footballer's wife status had SADLY put ''Footballers Wife'' on the careers list at school nowadays

This is true (for the girls). But similarly, there are also young lads who seem to view a career as a footballer as a passport to do whatever they like, with whomever they like, whenever they want. And who perhaps tend to feel they're untouchable.

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
I totally agree. If he knew she was under age then he should go to jail on that alone.

However, I occasionally stay at hotels where footballers stay overnight in the lead up to matches and there are constantly girls whom you look at and you ask yourself the question. is she even 16 ? and those girls are there solely to try an pick up a footballer or to at least try and pass their telephone numbers on to the players.

This whole scenario is a nightmare for the courts to deal with and very difficult for the players to deal with. Most of them cope well and can stay well away but there are going to be some who are tempted

Its not difficult for the players to deal with. They just need the small amount of intelligence at their disposal,

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
This is true (for the girls). But similarly, there are also young lads who seem to view a career as a footballer as a passport to do whatever they like, with whomever they like, whenever they want. And who perhaps tend to feel they're untouchable.

Thats 100% true also - SADLY

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
It's amazing how much the facts have changed since this was originally reported. It's gone from "AJ took a girl home that he met in a club who turned out to be underage" to "AJ groomed her over a period of months before engaging with her". They're very, very different things.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Fair play, so far as this is possible, for the boy not doing a 'Chedwyn' Evans and starting his own expensively-produced website protesting his innocence of something very much similar .Welsh c*nt.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Fair play, so far as this is possible, for the boy not doing a 'Chedwyn' Evans and starting his own expensively-produced website protesting his innocence of something very much similar .Welsh c*nt.
Yeah, because if you were innocent, you wouldn't bother to tell anyone.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I can't see any evidence there that Ched has done anything wrong. If the video on the site shouldn't have been posted, that's almost certainly a fault of his legal team, he wouldn't have had any say in the legality of showing the video. And you link says "The investigation came as it emerged a man identified as an 'Evans supporter' on the site had posted a link to another web site on which she was unlawfully named." Again, I'm not sure what that's got to do with Ched.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Yeah, because if you were innocent, you wouldn't bother to tell anyone.

I can't see any evidence there that Ched has done anything wrong. If the video on the site shouldn't have been posted, that's almost certainly a fault of his legal team, he wouldn't have had any say in the legality of showing the video. And you link says "The investigation came as it emerged a man identified as an 'Evans supporter' on the site had posted a link to another web site on which she was unlawfully named." Again, I'm not sure what that's got to do with Ched.
Here we go again...

All we need now is BG suggesting we sign him :lolol:

SAC

May 21, 2014

He may be Welsh and guilty of rape but at least he isn't Scotch!

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
image.jpeg

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Omitted from Sunderland's weekend match against Manchester United.

Probably for the best as he's a former City player and United away fans won't forget that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here