Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2016 Ryder Cup

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Love The Ryder Cup but am I the only one that sort of cringes at the crowd behaviour and fist pumping from the players and caddies. It's all far too over the top for me, all the wives getting involved especially the Barbie doll Yankee ones.
Don't get me wrong I like the tension and atmosphere but each time it seems to go up a level especially in America.
Never forgiven Lehman for running all over the green.
Never liked the look of our team, too many rookies and I think the team selection is not good either, hope we win of course but I think the yanks will win this time quite easily.

larus

Disasterous start, but USA have never been behind since 2006 from the opening foursomes (so I read on the BBC earlier).

Probably need to be 3-1 to Europe this afternoon or it could be a huge task for the last 2 days.

I blame Brexit anyway for the disharmony. Well, after all, Brexit has been for harbinger of dome for everything else.

Shins

Aug 13, 2015
What a terrible start! Only Rory played half decently. Need a 3-1 victory this evening but much more likely to be that score in the other direction.

Love the Ryder Cup but it is a bit much especially when on American soil. Crowd should tone down a bit especially when Europe are about to hit, not that they ever will.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Disasterous start, but USA have never been behind since 2006 from the opening foursomes (so I read on the BBC earlier).

Probably need to be 3-1 to Europe this afternoon or it could be a huge task for the last 2 days.

I blame Brexit anyway for the disharmony. Well, after all, Brexit has been for harbinger of dome for everything else.

Great point the Europeans are playing as one team and the Brits as another, I said all along nothing good will come of Brexit.
And if the yanks win watch Trump appear out of the crowd and take all the glory.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Love The Ryder Cup but am I the only one that sort of cringes at the crowd behaviour and fist pumping from the players and caddies. It's all far too over the top for me, all the wives getting involved especially the Barbie doll Yankee ones.
Don't get me wrong I like the tension and atmosphere but each time it seems to go up a level especially in America.
Never forgiven Lehman for running all over the green.
Never liked the look of our team, too many rookies and I think the team selection is not good either, hope we win of course but I think the yanks will win this time quite easily.

I don't know enough about the merits of the players or the selections to comment on that but do think the behaviour of the Americans since 1991 has been awful. Golf is supposed to be about sportsmanship and that has gone in this event.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
The US team has toned it down a lot on the fist pumping etc. Probably a bad thing (and clearly a message from the captain/team) as in recent years they've massively over celebrated and then been found out.

Not over by a long way but we need to react well this evening and get a couple of points on the board.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
It's time the Irish fooked off.

57ecb022d475e97f934cda2c243973af.jpg

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I don't know as it's debatable. Bet Darren Clarke wants to go home now.

I bet he doesn't neither did Jose Maria.
But I concede this does not look good.
Westwood has the experience but has not played well for a long time, it's these players we need to lead with so many rookies.
The Yank crowd will be unbearable.
At least I now know it's not just the Albion that you right off from the start, do you get some sort of kick out of doing that or are you just warming up for tomorrow?

Boy Blue

Banned
Mar 14, 2016
The US team has toned it down a lot on the fist pumping etc. Probably a bad thing (and clearly a message from the captain/team) as in recent years they've massively over celebrated and then been found out.

Not over by a long way but we need to react well this evening and get a couple of points on the board.

We've got more chance of winning at Wednesday tomorrow than Darren Clarke team winning.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I believe that we will lose,
I believe that we will lose.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
The media are speculating that a well known individual with a 100% record will be taking over* from Clarke before the day is through.

*If the money is right.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
"La Cheeserie" :lolol:

MF'84

A load of Bolanos
Jul 26, 2012
Derbyshire
I'd never claim to be a huge golf follower, I only take an interest in the Majors and the Ryder Cup (and watch random bits of the PGA Tour when it's the only late night live sport on Sky) but this is the first time I can remember that I've genuinely never heard of some of the European team.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
After the start we had, would take 5-3 at the end of day one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here