Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bellew v Haye II

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Total destruction, Haye should never get in the ring again, and probably should not have come back in the first place.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Predictable, So glad that I didn't waste money on watching a fighter in his prime, slaughter in boxing terms an old man/has been.

All about the hype and the marketing worked a treat.

Bellow now needs to fight world class fighters in their prime too.

Pickles

May 5, 2014
Predictable, So glad that I didn't waste money on watching a fighter in his prime, slaughter in boxing terms an old man/has been.

That was the easiest bet that I've ever won. A ten on at 2/1, so easy.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You really haven't got a clue about boxing. Joyce has a very strong amateur pedigree winning silver at the Olympic games and has literaly just turned Pro. Before you mention Audley Harrison Joyce also has real dynamite in his fists and has 100% put Joshua on the canvas in sparring. Beyond AJ, Fury and Whyte who have all had many fights who would beat him? Chisora doesnt seem to want any part of a fight with him.

On tonights performance Bellew would beat him IMHO and as he has such a true open typical amateur boxers stance I think many of the top men would beat him but unless they fight we will never know.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
On tonights performance Bellew would beat him IMHO and as he has such a true open typical amateur boxers stance I think many of the top men would beat him but unless they fight we will never know.

Bellew just beat a completely washed up injury ravaged old man. I'm not sure that you can use that fight to judge anything.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
£5m bet he's smiling this morning.

Fair play to him. He fooled everyone who paid to see the fight.
.All this “best version of myself” hype was nonsense.
I couldn’t believe how ineffective he was.
He must have known he was shot , long before last night.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
It's crazy that Deontay Wilder is the WBC world champion, with multiple defences, and his highest purse has only been half of that!

That’s the value of a well-hyped well-orchestrated ‘grudge’ match.
Your point proves people pay to see hatred and aggro more than titles.
Although ideally there’s both

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
My first thought on seeing Haye emerge from his dressing room last night was “what the **** is going on with those shorts”.

They looked like Wallace's 'Wrong Trousers' and I was transfixed by them for the whole fight.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton

He has. At his real weight

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
when Haye emerged for the ring walk he didnt appear to be in the best physical condition, carrying excess weight and fat to bulk himself up

He did his best to get in shape, BG.
I’m sure you were more buff back in the day.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
I would seriously question the reported £5million, two average heavyweights are not going to generate that kind of money with Eddie Hearn even with Sky Box Office.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here