Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Wagner gone... Jan Siewert appointed

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I can't speak for everyone,but this is why I dislike him:

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...y-huddersfield-town-championship-match-report

Utter selfishness, disrespect for the competition and he ended up being rewarded by having rested players for the play offs. The FL should have thrown the book at him, but were spineless. My view of his gamesmanship was coloured by the previous season when we went into the Wednesday game on our knees after giving everything to try to catch Middlesbro' and Burnley. Wednesday had also been able to rest players. It's a fault of the play-off system that hands advantage to those who have acheived less. There is no way Chris Hughton would have done what Wagner did in this situation with so much at stake for Blackburn and Birmingham, but the league cannot have a system that relies on managers being honorable, especially now that they have proof that some, like Wagner are not.
It was rather shit that tbf.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46943388

Huddersfield have appointed Jan Siewert to succeed David Wagner as manager.

Siewert, 36, has left his position as coach of Borussia Dortmund's second team, a role Wagner also held before joining Huddersfield in 2015.

Wagner left the Terriers by mutual consent on 14 January.

Huddersfield are bottom of the Premier League on 11 points - 10 adrift of safety - with 15 games remaining. Siewert's first game in charge will be at home to Everton on 29 January.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I actually hope they escape the drop somehow , can't imagine they will but there's 3 teams i'd like to see go other than them , i really like the way they've kept the prices down for the fans , this obviously hasn't really helped with results but they screwed up in the summer buying very very quickly without by the looks of it doing their homework which suprises me as i thought Germans loved that sort of thing .

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Wagner should have taken one of the top top jobs he was offered when he was flying high. Mind you, I suppose Schalke is decent.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here