Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Hence if there is a second referendum it should contain only the leave options.

That's as stupid as saying as there should only be remain only options. It was not 70/30 like 75', it was 52 / 48 and and a load of leavers have have died off, get real.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Probably old ground, but how is Leave/Stay 'fundamentally flawed'?

Furthermore, why wasn't this issue raised at the time, when the remainers thought they were backing Usain Bolt against an asthmatic ant carrying heavy shopping?

If it wasn't fundamentally flawed this wouldn't be an issue now. The proof is in the pudding and the pudding is curdled.

I believe this issue was raised pre-referendum, both by people who advocated remaining and leaving. However, even if it wasn't raised at the time that doesn't mean that it cant be and shouldn't be raised after the event.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
BrExit - the countdown to 11PM GMT on Friday 29th of March 2019

I see that vile piece of filth Toynbee is at it again.
71 days to go..

On our way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Just out of interest who are the eligible voters denied their say?

Postal voters. There are appeared to be over 900K missing or arrived too late.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...endum-electoral-commission-post-a7125711.html

There was also a problem in Plymouth during the GE in 2017.
https://www.itv.com/news/westcountr...t-postal-votes-in-plymouth-more-than-triples/

Also in Runcorn
https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/postal-votes-go-missing-runcorn-13146559

There are quite a few links if you search for them.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
If it wasn't fundamentally flawed this wouldn't be an issue now. The proof is in the pudding and the pudding is curdled.

I believe this issue was raised pre-referendum, both by people who advocated remaining and leaving. However, even if it wasn't raised at the time that doesn't mean that it cant be and shouldn't be raised after the event.

So, had remain come out on top and leavers later tried to have another bash via the 'fundamentally flawed' route, just how much credence would you have granted them after the event?

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
72% of the electorate turned out which is not 80% of the country when you consider children, those in hospital, in prisons and elderly in care who didn't vote at all.

The referendum was corrupt, by breaking electoral law. The National Crime Agency are investigating.
If Leave are so strong why are they so against a second vote? Surely they'll win again and with a bigger majority, won't they?
Or will they?

Corrupt because you lost ?. How much more did the remain team spend than leave

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I thought someone's analogy re: needing a second referendum was quite apt;

You don't make a decision as a jury before you've seen the evidence.

The most popular Google search in the UK the day after the referendum was "What is the EU?" A large number of people probably understand far more about the EU now than they did before the referendum, as so much of the debate over the pros and cons of the EU has come after the first referendum.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Corrupt because you lost ?. How much more did the remain team spend than leave

Corrupt because Electoral Law says it was, which is why the National Crime Agency is investigating after being handed the file by the Metropolitan Police.

Remain have not had to be investigated after the Electoral Law looked at their spending.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Ministry of Defence announces to Commons year long call out order of Forces Reservists for No Deal Brexit...

Crazy. Is this to ferry tinned food around the nation or fight the IRA? Or both?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
[tweet]1085927932638478339[/tweet]

Philips warned the government in July, they didn't listen. The 430 is only half the story, many more jobs in the supply chain will go as well

Manufacturing on this site this 1936.

Suffolk voted leave, but I take no pleasure from that. They were sold a pup....

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Philips warned the government in July, they didn't listen. The 430 is only half the story, many more jobs in the supply chain will go as well

Manufacturing on this site this 1936....

I’m sure they’ll get over it. They’ve got their country back after all.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade

Manufacturing on this site this 1936.

Suffolk voted leave, but I take no pleasure from that. They were sold a pup....

Taking pleasure from others misfortune, typical remainer logic. My firm announced 13,000 job losses but not because of Brexit, shareholders in our case. Losing your job is not good at the best of times to score points out of it is pretty poor

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here