Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Training Ground Stand

Dec 29, 2011
What is interesting is what is included in the rules for the competition this coming season on the Premier League website - Premier League 2: Competition format explained

To quote:-

This would seem to indicate that, having gone to the trouble of building a new stand, the club will only be allowed to stage a maximum of 3 matches at the training ground.

Three will be at the Amex (I cannot believe the club will stage many more there than is required) which suggests that Crawley may host the bulk of the fixtures, just like last season.

The only reason I can think of is because they want smaller clubs to be participating in some way. We'd have to pay Crawley to use their ground and so it spreads the wealth to 'smaller' clubs a little.

The only reason I can think of is because they want smaller clubs to be participating in some way. We'd have to pay Crawley to use their ground and so it spreads the wealth to 'smaller' clubs a little.
Couldn't they get round this by installing Lancing FC there? IDK if they own Culver Road but if they do I imagine it would be worth a fair bit to the likes of Aldi/Lidl.

Also from the rules:

• In Division 1, the team who finish first are champions. Well, that's reassuring.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Couldn't they get round this by installing Lancing FC there? IDK if they own Culver Road but if they do I imagine it would be worth a fair bit to the likes of Aldi/Lidl.

Also from the rules:

• In Division 1, the team who finish first are champions. Well, that's reassuring.

Culver Road belongs to the FA.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

Now hosting U23's Premier division 1 football. Fantastic how far our club has come. Our academy hasn't been running that long. Just need to start producing some players now for the first team.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
My girls ran at Withdean on saturday strange going back walked on the pitch stood in the goalmouths all a bit strange

You could have re-enacted golden Withdean moments...Nicky Forsters last gasp goal that prevented relegation, Zamoras classics, Freeman wheeling away after netting in a friendly me, pissed, shouting at a bemused Jason Macateer to sign my disposable Poncho when we played Tranmere and him trotting over to do so while the Southstand hurled abuse at me.

Ah happy days.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Was at the training ground yesterday and the facilities are amazing. They do so much with so many different groups there, from under 7s upwards, I think some people would be surprised to learn just how much work, time, effort and money goes into it all.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Only in the mind of a burbling, Ann Summers obsessed Judas.

But it did lead the way to that land being purchased by the club for the training ground and soon to be Ikea.
At the time we couldn't afford the extra £30K for a report, and the time delay but in the long run?

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
But it did lead the way to that land being purchased by the club for the training ground and soon to be Ikea.
At the time we couldn't afford the extra £30K for a report, and the time delay but in the long run?
So you are giving Horton credit for the training ground? Mr "fans arriving by ferry", Oceanarium, horse paddocks, moat, film industry base, jewellery store, underground parking for invalid's electric buggies and "a club twice the size of Manchester United"?

Lest we forget

http://www.glaucus.org.uk/Pende.htm

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

Also from the rules:

The Sussex FA ought to sell Culver Road for housing and build a proper small scale ground/stadium, perhaps half share with the Albion. cf: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leigh_Sports_Village

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
So you are giving Horton credit for the training ground? Mr "fans arriving by ferry", Oceanarium, horse paddocks, moat, film industry base, jewellery store, underground parking for invalid's electric buggies and "a club twice the size of Manchester United"?

Lest we forget

http://www.glaucus.org.uk/Pende.htm

No, no credit at all. The credit goes to Martin Perry for his diligence and not wasting something he was forced into doing against his will.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here