Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 5 clear, 3 to play, we are safe

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
I think all we need to do is park the bus and hope for another point. I can’t see many teams below us playing free attacking football. Huddersfield, Swansea and West Ham will have a must not lose mentality for at least their next game. These teams can’t afford to lose the next one. I think Southampton can escape the drop and we may need a favour of them against Swansea. Personally I think it’s between Swansea, Huddersfield and Stoke for the last 2 places. I can’t see Bournemouth losing to Swansea and if Southampton beat them, it’s job done for us. Swansea May need to beat Stoke last game to escape and send Huddersfield down

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
I hope you are right. You quite possibly are. I absolutely hope you are.
No way are we home and hosed though, as some seem to think we are.
My concern is that other teams will rouse themselves and get on a roll. Swansea, saints and hudd all have it them to do that .
I’m sure we will rouse ourselves but it may not make much difference given the calibre of opposition.
If it goes to last day.....we’ll, I hope it doesn’t go to last day.
I appreciate this is a negative view.
And To be fair, I thought we were done points-wise before the spurs game. I was delighted to be wrong on that.

Yes. Agreed but that wasn’t your original point (s)

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I don’t get some people. Southampton have Man City last game of the season, a win for them is as likely for them as it is for us against both Manchester clubs. Swansea still have to play Stoke who may still have a chance of beating the drop. The odds of 1 team putting a run of results together is probably a good bet. 2 teams 50/50. 4 teams highly unlikely.
Yes, but two of those four teams are only two points behind us. Not much of a good run needed for them - one win (or three draws) could be enough for them.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Yes, but two of those four teams are only two points behind us. Not much of a good run needed for them - one win (or three draws) could be enough for them.

So what you are saying is that we can’t get any points, yet Huddersfield who play City, Chelsea and Arsenal can get the 3 points needed to pass us. West Ham aside, I don’t see that Swansea or Huddersfield can realistically get the points to pass us. The only teams I can see passing us are West Ham and Southampton, for me it’s between Swansea, Stoke and Huddersfield

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
So what you are saying is that we can’t get any points, yet Huddersfield who play City, Chelsea and Arsenal can get the 3 points needed to pass us. West Ham aside, I don’t see that Swansea or Huddersfield can realistically get the points to pass us. The only teams I can see passing us are West Ham and Southampton, for me it’s between Swansea, Stoke and Huddersfield

Oh gawd, spare me! Another one! :facepallm:

Read very carefully. We can get some more points, but we might not. That is a fact, OK?
Huddersfield can get three points from Citeh, Chelsea and the Arse (that's fact), but they probably won't (but that's opinion). The fact remains, it is still mathematically possible for Huddersfield to overtake us - as it is also possible for Swansea, Stains and Wet Sham all to overtake us.
I am not saying it's likely to happen, but it is possible. We are not yet mathematically safe - I really can't make it any simpler than that.
We will be safe on Friday if we beat United - but we 're not yet.
Even if we lose, we could be safe on Saturday if Swansea and Southampton both lose - but we are not safe yet.
If/when we are safe, I will rejoice; before then I'm not stupid enough to tempt fate.................

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
I really can’t see Huddersfield getting any more points. Even if they somehow managed to get 3 pts from last 3 games (unlikely) given their goal difference we would just need one point which I think we’ll get on Friday anyway. Chill and enjoy the last few games. :)

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I love the way that posters say they cannot see X team winning a certain game or getting any more points. We beat Arsenal, Hudds beat Man Utd, Swansea beat Liverpool and West Brom won at old Trafford a few weeks ago. At the end of the season you get strange results. I imagine those of you sitting there typing about how we are definitely safe are the same ones who said we would win the league 7 points ahead with 3 games to go last season.

Let's not beat around the bush, for now we are still very much in a relegation battle.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I love the way that posters say they cannot see X team winning a certain game or getting any more points. We beat Arsenal, Hudds beat Man Utd, Swansea beat Liverpool and West Brom won at old Trafford a few weeks ago. At the end of the season you get strange results. I imagine those of you sitting there typing about how we are definitely safe are the same ones who said we would win the league 7 points ahead with 3 games to go last season.

Let's not beat around the bush, for now we are still very much in a relegation battle.

We can be overtaken but I very much doubt if all four teams below us will overtake us.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Ade Akinfenwa coming up as co-presenter on 606. Get. In. There.

hqdefault.jpg

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

You can do want you to bush. For various tangible reasons, the odds are stacked awfully against a combination of Stains, Stoke, Swansea and Hudd, as reflected in:

IMG_2572.PNG

I'm pretty certain we'll lose all three remaining games, we'll simply be outclassed, which is no disgrace compared to their momumental budgets. But we're staying up. As for the Championship league title, I for one never thought it was in the bag. I knew all season that Carrow Road and Villa Park were nightmare fixtures for the Albion. Once we blew the Bristol City home game, I knew the game was up, as Newcastle's superior squad and easier final fixtures allowed them to grab the honours.

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
I think all we need to do is park the bus and hope for another point. I can’t see many teams below us playing free attacking football. Huddersfield, Swansea and West Ham will have a must not lose mentality for at least their next game. These teams can’t afford to lose the next one. I think Southampton can escape the drop and we may need a favour of them against Swansea. Personally I think it’s between Swansea, Huddersfield and Stoke for the last 2 places. I can’t see Bournemouth losing to Swansea and if Southampton beat them, it’s job done for us. Swansea May need to beat Stoke last game to escape and send Huddersfield down

3X "i cant see" 2 x "I think" and and an " if "!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Yes, I know but for us to fall to 18th place, 4 teams would have to go higher than us?

Yes I know as I was being pedantic, A good result for us at Old Trafford as United are now guaranteed Euro League next season so may not be too keen on a fight for points. Mind that also applies to their game v Huddersfield

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Lets just hope the players and staff are not as lackadaisical as a lot of fans on here. If they have the mindset of some of these fans then we could sleepwalk into relegation.

We are just fans having an opinion on an internet forum, not professional players doing their day job!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here