Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus upsetting the locals...

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
I'd imagine he's down the same hole as everyone who told us that Garcia was bad for the club and David Burke is the best thing since sliced bread.

To be honest we lose badly at least once a season without fail and today looks like it! I never said anything really about Garcia but thought he should have been given more time

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Worst day he's ever had in football. He might now have a teeny weeny bit of comprehension of how we felt as he threw his toys out of the pram post Palace play off semi final at the AMEX.

I enjoyed seeing that result today and his reaction. It was, childishly, a bit schadenfreude for me.

Spot on, Icy. Surreal situation that night, the worst Brighton fans of 10, 20, 30 and 40 years had felt about a match and the manager didn't give a sh!t. Now he feels bad because the drubbing makes him look terrible...and it's his players that don't give a sh!t.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Did I just hear the saints fans booing Buckley on motd

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
WhingForPresident;661717 1 said:
Nowhere near as good as their first own goal today!

[video]https://vine.co/v/ObmUBrgHaJe[/video]

What the **** was he trying to achieve?! :FFSPuncheon

:lol: that is brilliant!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Has Gus played the " go home and play golf" card yet at Sunderland?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
They're definitely not happy.

Gus set the parameters for the summer business in terms of player type. Gus is on record as having final say. Gus is the one who insisted that we chase Borini to the ends of the earth. Gus got the vast majority of his first choice targets according to all of the NE press pack and its only last week that the histrionic, teflon gobshite was saying that this is now his team. Congerton gets to do the donkey work, ensure that we sign players that the club can afford and get kicked around by a git massive latin fanny from time to time.

This Oliver Twist act from managers is extremely tedious at the best of times. However, leaving aside questions of opportioning blame Gus' latest little outburst is designed to do nothing more than attempt to absolve him of blame. So Gus is established as a man who will happily damage the club to try to protect himself. It won't be his skills as a coach that end his time with SAFC, it'll be his ****ing mouth - which is the frustrating thing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here