Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Mark Lawreson

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I once sold Lawro cigarettes, and apart from Chippy and Wardy and Bobby Smith is the only Albion player I have ever spoken to. On the whole I like him, especially after people on here cleared up my misconception about his latterday antipathy towards The Albion. He's always funny, sardonic and waspish on the telly and radio. Alright, he may not always have a clue about what's going on, but neither do I. By comparison, Danny Murphy, more cuddly though he may be, tends to state the bleedin obvious in tedious detail too often for more liking.

:thumbsup:

He loves the Albion and tipped us to stay up long before the 2017/18 run in.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
I once sold Lawro cigarettes, and apart from Chippy and Wardy and Bobby Smith is the only Albion player I have ever spoken to. On the whole I like him, especially after people on here cleared up my misconception about his latterday antipathy towards The Albion. He's always funny, sardonic and waspish on the telly and radio. Alright, he may not always have a clue about what's going on, but neither do I. By comparison, Danny Murphy, more cuddly though he may be, tends to state the bleedin obvious in tedious detail too often for more liking.

He was also painfully annoying last night, literally willing Ronaldo to score. I like many people in this country hate him intensely and there was a clear bias towards him in the commentary.

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea
He despairs with the modern game. By modern game I mean a general acceptance of cheating and a culture of lording up great players with a habit of cheating. Old blokes like Lawro fancy simpler times. I have no beef with him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011

I think after the winking incident and him just simply playing for man United. He’s just so smug and arrogant, and wouldn’t you just love to see someone like El-Abd or Greer just clean him out and the ref wave play on.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
He was also painfully annoying last night, literally willing Ronaldo to score. I like many people in this country hate him intensely and there was a clear bias towards him in the commentary.

I was also willing Ronaldo to score. I like watching pure class at the top of its game. Not against us, of course, but I never said that. Where is your joie de vivre? :shrug:

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
I was also willing Ronaldo to score. I like watching pure class at the top of its game. Not against us, of course, but I never said that. Where is your joie de vivre? :shrug:

It’s why I like lawro’s commentary it’s cynical and kind of says it how it is. In the France game he moaned about the French diving a lot because it takes away from the football and the tactics. The whole Ronaldo hype just doesn’t really excite me, a last minute winner in a goal mouth scramble is what does it for me. I appreciate he’s a good player and is world class, but him behaving like a child when it doesn’t go his way just puts me off when compared to Messi, Salah and Greizmann. The wink also, the bloody wink.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It’s why I like lawro’s commentary it’s cynical and kind of says it how it is. In the France game he moaned about the French diving a lot because it takes away from the football and the tactics. The whole Ronaldo hype just doesn’t really excite me, a last minute winner in a goal mouth scramble is what does it for me. I appreciate he’s a good player and is world class, but him behaving like a child when it doesn’t go his way just puts me off when compared to Messi, Salah and Greizmann. The wink also, the bloody wink.

Fair enough. I can feel your pain. Personally I got over that a long time ago, though. :wink:

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Fair enough. I can feel your pain. Personally I got over that a long time ago, though. :wink:

I Should have really, but the first tournaments I remember watching as a child were the 2004 Euros and 2006 World Cup so literally the first anger really in the world of football I experienced had Ronaldo at the centre of the scene and I guess I never got over that, I should do really. :lolol::lolol:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here