Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Union Saint-Gilloise

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
When Saturday Comes featured them in an article a couple of years ago, which piqued my interest because of their illustrious and abstract history. I'll see if I can post a link when I get home later.
A train to Belgium, Trappist beer and lower division football would knock plenty of Premier league matches into a cocked hat personally speaking

The article is a lot older than I realised, but may still be of interest.

http://www.wsc.co.uk/the-archive/923-Europe/9553-union-city-blues

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Thanks for the article above. It seems they have kept their identity despite plenty of other Brussels clubs selling out and merging over the years.
I wonder if the history of the club played a large part in Tony Bloom's investment decision?
I'm certainly keen to get over there for a weekend.

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing
It may be no suprise but beware of late kick off changes. USG certainly used to kick off at 14.00 on Sundays. This may change as their star starts to rise again. A whole catelogue on this on other NSC links.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Thanks for the article above. It seems they have kept their identity despite plenty of other Brussels clubs selling out and merging over the years.
I wonder if the history of the club played a large part in Tony Bloom's investment decision?
I'm certainly keen to get over there for a weekend.

Me too!

They are considering adding an English option to their website for their newly acquired Brighton fans, as I communicated with them last week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Looking to do a trip in the summer for beer/football. Just waiting for the EPL & USG fixtures before I book!

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Me too!

They are considering adding an English option to their website for their newly acquired Brighton fans, as I communicated with them last week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Waffles, waffles, chocolate, waffles, beer, chocolate on waffles, beer, boy doing a wee-wee, waffles.

That didn't take long.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Looking to do a trip in the summer for beer/football. Just waiting for the EPL & USG fixtures before I book!

It may not make a difference to your plans but I don’t think the Belgian league fixtures are released until at least Mid-July. We’ve just boooked a cheap ‘anywhere in Belgium’ Eurostar ticket and will see where we end up!

Pickles

May 5, 2014
Waffles, waffles, chocolate, waffles, beer, chocolate on waffles, beer, boy doing a wee-wee, waffles.

That didn't take long.

You out waffle Belgium.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Penalty spot is coming along nicely

z4Ci0f.gif

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
It may not make a difference to your plans but I don’t think the Belgian league fixtures are released until at least Mid-July. We’ve just boooked a cheap ‘anywhere in Belgium’ Eurostar ticket and will see where we end up!

MD 1 - 03/08/2018 - 20:30: Lommel SK - Union SG
MD 2 - 12/08/2018 - 16:00: SG Union - Oud-Heverlee Leuven
MD 3 - 18/08/2018 - 17:00 : KVC Westerlo - Union SG
MD 4 - 31/08/2018 - 20:30: Beerschot-Wilrijk - Union SG
MD 5 - 09/09/2018 - 14:30: Union SG - KV Mechelen
MD 6 - 15/09 / 2018 - 20:30: Union SG - KSV Roeselare
MD 7 - 21/09/2018 - 20:30: AFC Tubize - Union SG

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills