Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ulloa - should we sign him in the summer?

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
He needs more game time to score goals.
Would be decent at a knockdown price.
$100 mill for staying up realistically gets maybe 4 decent standard players, though we do seem to pick up the odd bargain.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Good post. With another £100m coming and an awfully slow team, why start next season with your 2 main strikers being slow 35 and 32 year olds?

Without wishing to count chickens re the £100m, I agree with the rest of this

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The Argus reporting (stating the obvious?), that Ulloa won't be coming back. The right decision IMO, as he offered little in his second spell and he would take a slice of the payroll budget that could be used for new playing staff.

IMG_2648.PNG

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
The Argus reporting (stating the obvious?), that Ulloa won't be coming back. The right decision IMO, as he offered little in his second spell and he would take a slice of the payroll budget that could be used for new playing staff.

View attachment 97394

Still think we could do with another striker

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

View attachment 97394

If Naylor says it is unlikely, it's in the bag.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Still think we could do with another striker

Maybe. But much as I/we loved Leonardo, no, not him. Unless TB is going to lash out £30M or £40M for a worldie striker, staying with what we've got is OK by me. Baldock as 4th. striker - and a 'different' option - doesn't bother me, plus Tilley, Connelly and Gyokeres in the U23s wanting to push on........all fine by me.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Shame. Albion Hero.

At least he did come back briefly though, and score in the Premier League for us.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Albion hero and I don’t want to forget his first spell at the club. I do want to forget his second spell though, so it’s a no from me.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Think we might also have to pay all our other existing players, staff and infrastructure out of the revenue.

That was done with money to spare after buying 6 decent standard players 3 for rather a lot of money.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Bloody loved Leo in his first spell for us. Got off to a magnificent start v Arsenal, and who can forget his goal at Forest amid many others?

His second spell was pretty meh, if I’m honest; though I do wonder whether his very poor first touch and not great ability to hold the ball up with his back to goal as others broke forward was more due to lack of game time than an inability to play football any more.

Problem is: it would be an expensive bet to find out whether a full pre-season would restore his confidence and his touch.

Regrettably, it has to be a no from me.

Thanks Leo - you’ll hold a special place in my heart.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Big fan of Leo the 1st time round, but sadly he didn't really offer us much the second time. I mostly greeted his appearances with "bah, why are we not taking a look at Locadia?".

I expect us to still play the same shape next season, and that's 1 up front. A rotation of Murray, Locadia and Andone looks pretty good to me, with Hemed and Baldock knocking around as well if we have a run of injuries or suspensions. I can't really see the need to splash cash on Ulloa. It's the right move. Let's spend money on cover for Gross instead.

SAC

May 21, 2014
My opinion. That's all. Not up to the speed and skill required. Sorry if I'm wrong.

He's not a bad back back-up striker but too expensive as a back-up striker. I wouldn't be surprised if another PL club takes him on loan for half or a full season. Fulham perhaps.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here