Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] BHAFC partners with Pogoseat® to give fans the ability to move seats

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Apologies if already fixtures.

Brighton & Hove Albion Football Club partners with Pogoseat® to give fans the ability to move seats at the AMEX.

Brighton & Hove Albion Football Club have today agreed a partnership with ticketing technology company, Pogoseat.

The new seat move functionality will be available via the Seagulls Tickets website. Supporters can enter their FAN number associated to their Seagulls profile to receive a credit for their original ticket value. They will be able to browse a map of the stadium and check out what the view looks like from their new seat. Once a purchase is completed, fans will use the new digital ticket to gain entry into the stadium by scanning their mobile device to enter the stadium.

The same article with all the guff removed.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
OK, so I've got three seats in ESL at the moment. Does this mean that I can ditch those for one game to get four seats upstairs in ESU and make up the difference with a mobile payment?

Or maybe downgrade myself to just two seats, in the North or West Upper for example? If so do I get a rebate, or pay the same, or pay extra anyway?

Do I have to go through the process for all three of us?

Very poor bit of PR which at the very least needs a Q&A type section at the end.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
"The new seat move functionality will be available via the Seagulls Tickets website. Supporters can enter their FAN number associated to their Seagulls profile to receive a credit for their original ticket value."

That would be a very smart (and reasonably generous) way of permanently enabling a ticket exchange. Pretty sure it won't mean what it says!

I'm wondering if for example as a STH you want to try out the WSL near the dug outs against say Arsenal (category A), you register as up for a swap and receive a credit note for your pro-rated ST cost (c£30) and then pay the listed seat price for the seat of your choice - in my example £55 (I think for full price adult ticket).

The club then re-sells your ST seat in the WSU at FULL list price and has therefore won twice of the same transaction. Presumably Pogoseat takes a nice cut and hopefully doesn't add an additional transaction fee.

Nice idea to earn additional revenue.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
What does all that mean though in reality.

I had it down as turning up at the Amex and watching the game on this

F61783D5-A4CC-4A96-A701-B34A2CD7D6C7.jpeg

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I think it means that by way of some amazing new IT they have solved a problem that nobody prior to today actually thought was a problem. Meanwhile back on Planet Earth the ticket exchange is being delivered by means of Survey Monkey and souvenir vouchers.....

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
So WTF does that mean. Surely it s cheaper to implement a ticket exhange than partner with pogostick

Running before walking IMO

I could build a functioning exchange in Access or Excel ( I wouldnt but could)

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I think it means that by way of some amazing new IT they have solved a problem that nobody prior to today actually thought was a problem. Meanwhile back on Planet Earth the ticket exchange is being delivered by means of Survey Monkey and souvenir vouchers.....

Absolutely this ... let's dream up something novel that nobody really wants (other than occasionally maybe) whilst sticking our heads up our proverbials about something that has got real utility and is totally buggered

SeafordBHA

Aug 13, 2011
Fair play to the club, good idea IMO.

They make a small bit of revenue. Implement a good new flexible option to reward STH's.

There are several good and very different vantage points in the ground. The sides and bottom/top of West Upper all provide different but great views. You also have the atmosphere of the north stand. Or the proximity to dugout and players the West Lower provides. For those that haven't tried different seats around the ground, you'd be surprised at the difference in experience.

For cup games I never sit in season ticket seat and try somewhere else. Nice to have the option for various league games now.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005

Best summary I’ve seen. More than slightly odd choice of priority.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
I'm wondering if for example as a STH you want to try out the WSL near the dug outs against say Arsenal (category A), you register as up for a swap and receive a credit note for your pro-rated ST cost (c£30) and then pay the listed seat price for the seat of your choice - in my example £55 (I think for full price adult ticket).

The club then re-sells your ST seat in the WSU at FULL list price and has therefore won twice of the same transaction. Presumably Pogoseat takes a nice cut and hopefully doesn't add an additional transaction fee.

This, with added admin fee and booking fee and cashless payment fee plus you print your own ticket

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
So... buy the cheapest seat in the stadium and pogoseat on the games you actually want to attend. Wasn't this pretty much the activity that the limit on the number of upgrades was introduced to stop.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Maybe.

1) it seems strange to require a *NEW PARTNER KLAXON* new partner to deliver that. (But the ticketing system is horribly shonky so maybe it does)

2) With so many seats being held by STHs how much opportunity will there be to pogo (see what I did there?) to a prime seat? I guess it depends on when the pogo opportunity is available relative to the sales windows for single match tickets.

Maybe if someone had written the PR in English we’d actually know rather than have to guess.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Won't affect me. I chose my sea at the presentations and have been very happy. End of row right next to exit, WSU. Have been in other areas for cup games and none, in my opinion, compare.

As others have said, seems another money spinning idea which, in the grand scheme of TV deals, is probably going to raise naff all!!!!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here