Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stockdale OFF ***to Birmingham - Official***

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
It may have suggested we wanted to keep him but perhaps not enough. We offered him a contract but he wouldve been aware of our interest in Ryan and I would imagine what we offered was a deal to keep him as one of a group of 3 first team keepers, not as the first choice he had been

I'll be interested to see if he makes Championship team of the year without Dunk, Duffy and Bruno in front of him

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It may have suggested we wanted to keep him but perhaps not enough. We offered him a contract but he wouldve been aware of our interest in Ryan and I would imagine what we offered was a deal to keep him as one of a group of 3 first team keepers, not as the first choice he had been

In which case most (normal) keepers would take the Premier League contract on the table, think "right, I'm going to fight for that shirt and PROVE I'm the No1 at this club", and crack on. Not to mention that this is World Cup year, Joe Hart has disappeared up his own arse, and there *might* just be a squad place up for grabs for what would be (lets face it) one of the busier PL goalkeepers this season.

But naah, fook all that. Lets go and keep sticks for a bang-average, midtable, 2nd division club, trotting out at Millwall and Burton. Because I can do it there for 4 years instead of 1 or 2 years at the elite level. Daughters got some tests, etc.

Div.

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
Bruno has been on a year at a time for last few years and when Rosenior was signed and maybe plan was to replace Bruno what did he do ...

Just upped his game every year

As did Sidwell last season

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Maybe we just realised even though he saved a penalty every now and then, that's he actually just quite average?!?!?!?!?!?!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I heard that Dave's a bit of a salad-dodger as well, and had a few run-ins with the fitness coaches during his time here. Could also have been a factor.

He certainly doesn't fit in to Arry's bare bone team.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
I find this confusion that people have about why Stockade left to be well confusing. We offered him a one year extension, hardly a huge sign of faith in him, and I'm sure he knew about our interest in Matt Ryan so knew he was unlikely to be first choice anymore. He's already spent 6 years of his career sitting on the bench in the Premier League with Fulham. Perhaps he's enjoyed playing first team football for the last two years and wants to continue. I'm sure in the past NSC has been full of praise for players prepared to drop down from the Premier League to join us in order to play first team football rather than sitting on the bench picking up a fat pay check.

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
Stocko had his merc stolen off his drive in leeds last night - wouldn't have happened down here.

Grim up north

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
I am sure Stockers must be seriously regretting his decision now after yet another defeat and with Birmingham in the relegation zone!

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I don't blame him for putting family and long contract before a couple of appearances in the premier league

But Birmingham City ????

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Must be time for 'Arry to move on I'd have thought. He's spent all the money, collected a nice pot of loot and is now surely down to the bare bones.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here