Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shrewd Premier League BETS

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Most of our fans fancy one or both of them to make the squad at some point, if not the WC2018 squad - it reminds me of how Stoke fans knew Ryan Shawcross was going to be a top player by English standards well ahead of the curve.

Personally I don't think Dunk is quite good enough to become an England squad player, but I do have every faith in March getting there. I genuinely believe he is as good as anyone in the English game in terms of delivery, he can be lethal from outside the box, and there aren't many obvious weaknesses to his game. Even accepting all the banter with the nigels, I would genuinely pick him ahead of Zaha (who also has every chance of forcing himself into the England squad).

Thought he had changed allegiance to Ivory Coast these days ?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
15/8 to be relegated at Sky Bet.

Not a bad, soften the blow type bet.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I think Dunk has a great chance of getting an England call up at some point during the season, whether he makes the world cup squad though is a different matter. I suspect the call up may come too late for that unless he is incredible in the first month or two.

Pintos

Jul 28, 2005
Oxted
Albion season player goal spreads from Spreadex:

Murray 7.5 - 8.5
Hemed 5 - 6
Knockaert 4.5 - 5.5
Gross 4 - 4.75
Baldock 3.75 - 4.5
March 2 - 2.75
Dunk 1.75 - 2.5
Duffy 1.5 - 2
Propper 3.25 - 4

Min 1000 mins played otherwise void

Comes with the usual disclaimer warning about spread betting!
Gambling on steroids, tread carefully.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Comes with the usual disclaimer warning about spread betting!
Gambling on steroids, tread carefully.

Can't score less than 0 though, so easy to maximise your losses if you fancy Dunk or Duffy doing the business from corners/set pieces...

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Most of our fans fancy one or both of them to make the squad at some point, if not the WC2018 squad - it reminds me of how Stoke fans knew Ryan Shawcross was going to be a top player by English standards well ahead of the curve.

Personally I don't think Dunk is quite good enough to become an England squad player, but I do have every faith in March getting there. I genuinely believe he is as good as anyone in the English game in terms of delivery, he can be lethal from outside the box, and there aren't many obvious weaknesses to his game. Even accepting all the banter with the nigels, I would genuinely pick him ahead of Zaha (who also has every chance of forcing himself into the England squad).

Zaha has zero chance of making the England squad. I'd put money on it.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Only 1 leg of this Premier League related but I like the treble of Aberdeen to win the SPL (without Celtic), Tranmere to win promotion from the National League & Spurs to finish outside the top 4. It pays 9.47/1 on Bet365, you could probably get 10s if you shopped around.

Stumpy Tim

Zaha has committed himself to another nation hasn't he? He'll struggle to play for England given that

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Thought he had changed allegiance to Ivory Coast these days ?

That is correct.

Zaha has zero chance of making the England squad. I'd put money on it.

Zaha has committed himself to another nation hasn't he? He'll struggle to play for England given that

Is there anybody else who'd like to point out that gangsta Zaha can't play for England?

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
Is there anybody else who'd like to point out that gangsta Zaha can't play for England?

It's not just that. I've actually seen a fair bit of Solly March and I rate him highly. Like you, I think that with a little bit of luck he could one day play for England. However, I don't think that at the moment he's even close to Zaha's ability and it's quite possible that he never will be.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It's not just that. I've actually seen a fair bit of Solly March and I rate him highly. Like you, I think that with a little bit of luck he could one day play for England. However, I don't think that at the moment he's even close to Zaha's ability and it's quite possible that he never will be.

You're entitled to an opinion, even if it is completely wrong.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

All very fair and little to disagree with other than the last bit regarding ability. The simple matter of fact is that we don't know how good, or otherwise, he is as he's not had a chance at the top level yet, and has also been very unlucky with injuries.

I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do this year however.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Revisiting this in light of the (potential) Izquierdo & Dwamena signings...

A few overly optimistic Albion bets, in order of increasing madness:

2/1 to finish above Palace (Skybet)
9/4 to be top promoted side (Skybet)
9/1 to finish above Saints & Bournemouth (Skybet)
10/1 to finish top half (Bet365 or WillHill)
100/1 to win the league without the Big 6

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
This weekend bets .....nice long odds on Brighton and Burnley ..I wonder why.......fancy Watford at home to Liverpool 5/1 as my opening game of the season upset or maybe huddersfield at Palace 4/1

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Albion to finish in the top 10 is 10/1. I'm beginning to see some value in that, given one or two of our signings.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Money where my mouth is:

boom.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here