Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What the **** is wrong with some people?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Just have a look at the aftermath of Glastonbury. For a festival supposedly mainly populated by people with a higher social conscience, opposed to the throwaway society and pro ecology they don't half buy a lot of disposable, non-degradable shit and leave it lying around.

View attachment 86919

Would be nice to see a deposit imposed on plastic bottles and cans, people's attitude would soon change. Can't think of a worse weekend than being at the Glastonbury cesspit

D

Deleted member 2719

As a child of 11/12 i once threw a silver bit of foil off a wrigleys gum out of the Hillman hunter my father was driving, he spotted me in his mirror and stopped the car some 300m up the road and made me go back and pick it up.

I thought it was harsh at the time, but it wasn't it was just firm parenting, i knew the consequence if i ever done it again.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Well done you. Wife and I similarly picked up loads of plastic cups, sweet wrappers, crisp packets and plastic lemonade/Coke bottles left in our local park one nice evening a fortnight ago. A right bloody mess. Clearly a group of yoof had simply left and of course there was a bin less than 10 metres away they could have put in. Tossers make everyone's lives worse, it's down to parenting or complete lack of. Too many pander, don't know right from wrong themselves and most of all there are just increasing numbers of thick, genetically stupid types which our welfare state sustains and encourages when once consumption, the military etc took care of.

Talking of anti social behaviour, just seen an16-17yr old lad riding at 30mph on a motorbike down the road...on the pavement, it's a long straight residential road mostly comprising of bungalows with elderly people living in. Kid is a regular offender, doesn't give a **** and easily kill a pensioner with such reckless behaviour. It's always 'yeah, but he's a kid and they do stupid things, you were a kid once etc. Well, I didn't ride motorbikes at the same speed as the legal limit on roads only on pavements, in residential areas, flying past within a couple of feet of pensioners front doors who would never expect to need to look out for such an idiot. That's bloody dangerous.

Might go look for some piano wire...

consumption...:thumbsup:....substitute cricket bat for piano wire and you just made the perfect post...............so many ferkin dinns about , i recently returned to Worthing for a couple of weeks , seeing as my eastward passage was restricted by a shit house railway system i was restricted to spending my holiday dollars in L.A 3/10 , Goring/Durrington 6/10 and Worthing 6.5/10.........i'm sorry to say that there really did seem to be a lot of top class idiots around , of all ages , sexes and yes persuasions......unbelievable....!!

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
It's not an excuse for littering but to me it seems there has been a massive decline in litter bins over the years. When I was a kid there seemed to be loads of bins around, then due to Irish terrorism, they seemed to be removed and never really have been replaced.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Same in the Lido the other day, as a family left I said to the Dad "You couldn't just pop that rubbish in the bin, could you?" He just looked at me, tutted, and walked off.

What do you actually do though as it's becoming the majority that do this not the minority. How many take rubbish down to the bins from their seats at the Amex?

Must be getting too old!

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
I too [as I'm sure many on here are also] am from the era of:

Leave things as you found them - aka farm gates / no-litter / etc.
Do as you would be done by
Waste not, want not.

Same here, but we didn't really have any litter to drop, we didn't eat in the street, no McDs / KFC etc. Even ice lolly sticks were kept (Blue Peter).

I fear these values have escaped later generations .... or are such habits more a culture thing
- is it the number of semi-permanent overseas visitors we now have that have the attitude of - happy to leave a mess, it's not my country anyway ....

From what I've noticed, as there are a lot of Polish families in Brighton, they enjoy gatherings on the beach, parks etc. and they pack their rubbish up.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I too [as I'm sure many on here are also] am from the era of:

Leave things as you found them - aka farm gates / no-litter / etc.
Do as you would be done by
Waste not, want not.

I fear these values have escaped later generations .... or are such habits more a culture thing
- is it the number of semi-permanent overseas visitors we now have that have the attitude of - happy to leave a mess, it's not my country anyway ....

I was thinking this. The mess that is London is almost entirely down to foreigners that's for sure. Disgusting dirty place, oozing with filth, litter and not surprisingly, rats. No wonder, foreigners constantly buying all kinds of crap and dumping packaging and waste food and drinks in street, public transport etc. See it all the time. Shocking lack of respect for their 'hosts'. In our local paper, the magistrates fines are disproportionality full of foreign names for fly tipping, driving without insurance, no TV licence...Petty 'civil' crimes in other words. Probably a cultural thing as you say, those with a more British mindset tending to 'follow the rules' rather more. Though that appears to be changing fast as younger generations know no better because of chavvy upbringings and/or are the spawn of the aforementioned foreigners who seem happy to ignore rules so what chance their kids will?!

Being back community litter picking for schools. And educate the oinks along with higher taxes for fast food outlets and crap like crisps and sweets to pay for the environmental disgrace they cause. It's got completely out of control these days. Woods, lay-bys, roads, railway enbankments, beaches, lakes, shopping areas...litter is everywhere. And most of it won't biodegrade for a couple of hundred years.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
From what I've noticed, as there are a lot of Polish families in Brighton, they enjoy gatherings on the beach, parks etc. and they pack their rubbish up.

That's funny, in local nature reserve they've had to put signs up in polish to stop them from stealing fish and fungai...

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Same in the Lido the other day, as a family left I said to the Dad "You couldn't just pop that rubbish in the bin, could you?" He just looked at me, tutted, and walked off.

What do you actually do though as it's becoming the majority that do this not the minority. How many take rubbish down to the bins from their seats at the Amex?

Must be getting too old!

Would have pushed him in ;) As you allude, they have no shame and are the majority these days.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
As a child of 11/12 i once threw a silver bit of foil off a wrigleys gum out of the Hillman hunter my father was driving, he spotted me in his mirror and stopped the car some 300m up the road and made me go back and pick it up.

I thought it was harsh at the time, but it wasn't it was just firm parenting, i knew the consequence if i ever done it again.

That's exactly what used to happen, we weren't angels but if we got caught there were consequences (and a good chance of getting caught). Sadly lacking in today's parenting skills set. Instead me a mild pathetic voiced 'please don't do that darling...would you like to stop for an ice cream soon?'

Sake...

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Yesterday me and a mate took a few beers to Swanbourne Lake (Arundel ) for an afternoon on the hills surrounding the lake. After walking up the big hill that overlooks the whole lake we were greeted with almost the entire hill covered in Mc Donalds cartons, plastic bottles, beer bottles/cans, spent fireworks and used disposable BBQ's. It amazes me how shit people have become in their attitudes :(

We ended up spending 1/2 hour clearing it all up (in carrier bags they kindly left behind)

Really sad how inconsiderate society has become regarding nature and overall empathy for the environment and others...

Another Americanization that falls to the undesirable list.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Any kind of littering is of course disgraceful but is it really getting worse? And do people care less about the environment as some have said?

In 2000 about 10% of household waste was recycled, now it's more than 40%. Seems like progress to me.

Indeed. It was MUCH worse in th 60s. And that's without factoring in the mountains of dog shit that used to be everywhere. Still, for squalor, the gents lav at the clock tower beat everything - walls smeared with human shit, the floor awash with piss, and several paedophiles lurking and leering in there, all hours. Assuming all public lavs were like this, I avoided to the point I'd rather have soiled myself than run the gauntlet of depravity therein, back in the day.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Indeed. It was MUCH worse in th 60s. And that's without factoring in the mountains of dog shit that used to be everywhere. Still, for squalor, the gents lav at the clock tower beat everything - walls smeared with human shit, the floor awash with piss, and several paedophiles lurking and leering in there, all hours. Assuming all public lavs were like this, I avoided to the point I'd rather have soiled myself than run the gauntlet of depravity therein, back in the day.

Heard an awful story as to what happened to one paedophile down there - not sure if it was an urban legend.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yesterday me and a mate took a few beers to Swanbourne Lake (Arundel ) for an afternoon on the hills surrounding the lake. After walking up the big hill that overlooks the whole lake we were greeted with almost the entire hill covered in Mc Donalds cartons, plastic bottles, beer bottles/cans, spent fireworks and used disposable BBQ's. It amazes me how shit people have become in their attitudes :(

We ended up spending 1/2 hour clearing it all up (in carrier bags they kindly left behind)

Really sad how inconsiderate society has become regarding nature and overall empathy for the environment and others...

At least it sounds like [MENTION=1416]Ernest[/MENTION], Tarquin, Hermione & Merlin had a good day out.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Would have pushed him in ;) As you allude, they have no shame and are the majority these days.

To be honest someone said "I'd have made him", really, how? He's stood there with two very young children and I'm with my young boys. So I turn my litter example into a punch, endangering my kids, committing an offence and saying "it's because he left a few empty cans of coke and crisp packets, he bloody deserved it". There is little or nothing you can do is there?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
To be honest someone said "I'd have made him", really, how? He's stood there with two very young children and I'm with my young boys. So I turn my litter example into a punch, endangering my kids, committing an offence and saying "it's because he left a few empty cans of coke and crisp packets, he bloody deserved it". There is little or nothing you can do is there?

Nope - just hope a passing seagull bombs 'em on the way out!

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton

Sign of the times unfortunately.
And more disturbingly...the future of Britain.
A generation of scumbags who hold no morals or sense of responsibility because they've been brought up to believe nothing is their fault and the nasty Government will pay for their housing, food, clothing, children etc and therefore someone else will clean up their crap they leave lying around because there's no shame in littering in their world!!

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Sign of the times unfortunately.
And more disturbingly...the future of Britain.
A generation of scumbags who hold no morals or sense of responsibility because they've been brought up to believe nothing is their fault and the nasty Government will pay for their housing, food, clothing, children etc and therefore someone else will clean up their crap they leave lying around because there's no shame in littering in their world!!

So true .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here