Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If The Reverse Had Happened

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Now the euphoria of our annihilation of Norwich is starting to subside, a hypothetical question. How would you have reacted to Chris Hughton and the players had we been on the end of a 5-0 stuffing on Saturday?

I have been reading the Norwich City forums with almost schadenfreud pleasure at the complete meltdown concerning who takes the blame. The answer is everyone, from the board to Alex Neil, to the captain, Russell Martin, to all the players, collectively and individually it seems.

I just wonder if our fans would have reacted the same, or put it down as just a bad day at the office.

Do you self-harm?

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I would be down, but I'd be smart enough to avoid NSC. It'd be hell on earth here. Threads like "Who's off in Jan then?" this is a VERY fickle forum.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Now the euphoria of our annihilation of Norwich is starting to subside, a hypothetical question. How would you have reacted to Chris Hughton and the players had we been on the end of a 5-0 stuffing on Saturday?

Why stop there? What if we'd been on the end of a 10-0 stuffing? Jeez! :rolleyes:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Has ANYONE anywhere seen a SINGLE Norwich fan/player/staff member give BHA even a modicum of credit for last Saturday's battering?

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
They had been conceeding plenty. I think it would have been a massive shock if we had let in 5 but yes meltdown on NSC. As for me well I'd be looking for a reaction in the next game but if there were 2 game 0-3 or worse I think I'd get a bit worried.

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
If we'd lost 5-0, it would've been hard to take. People would have been demanding for someone's head to roll. That someone probably being Stockdale. But we've had our fair share of humiliating defeats... the 4-1 loss to Cardiff in particular, which felt like it was made worse by being shown live on Sky.

With the exception of our injury filled winter slump last season, we've been pretty good at bouncing back from poor results. Norwich need a good result this weekend, which will only heap more pressure onto the players and manager. How will they respond?

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
We would be in meltdown. A lose by a goal and we would've put it down to being unlucky or simply a bad day, but to lose by 5 is woeful especially for a team who consider themselves to be a promotion contender

Many of us would be in meltdown but not all of us. Mr. Ice would be a cool cat unless over 22 degrees.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here