Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

League cup 3rd draw thread

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
With our form against Reading? Shouldn't think so. I might come down for this though. Getting tickets should be a breeze.

Was at the FA Cup 3rd round against them at the beginning of 2014. Crofty with the only goal. Should be able to repeat that result. Maybe.

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
Absolutely delighted with this draw. I was dreading getting Utd, City etc or a ground I've never been to (eg Goodison) The reason is that I have a ticket for Barcelona v Athletico Madrid on the following night !

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
And Spurs away - Arsenal twice - we've had more than our fair share of good cup draws in the Amex era - anyone saying otherwise is silly :)
Newcastle and Liverpool twice too come to think of it!

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
The club have a choice.
Sell tickets for £10-15 & get a crowd of 10000 tops
Or
£5 for everyone & a guaranteed ticket
Should we get a big name at home in the next round.possible 15000 crowd.
May lose money on gate receipts but gain on merchandising.Plus gives team extra valuable support.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
The club have a choice.
Sell tickets for £10-15 & get a crowd of 10000 tops
Or
£5 for everyone & a guaranteed ticket
Should we get a big name at home in the next round.possible 15000 crowd.
May lose money on gate receipts but gain on merchandising.Plus gives team extra valuable support.

The club can't do the second option. We have 23000 season ticket holders who are already guaranteed a ticket should we win and get a bigger draw in the next round.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
A good game to give our fringe players another run out. I don't know much about Reading reserves, but reckon ours are better. Home advantage, good chance of being in the last 16 and an exciting draw or another winnable game. What are people moaning for:shrug:

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
w@nk draw. Radio for me

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
The club can't do the second option. We have 23000 season ticket holders who are already guaranteed a ticket should we win and get a bigger draw in the next round.

Yes I'm well aware of that.As a ST holder my self I'm just trying to dangle some sort of carrot.
I remember in our 1st season at the Amex we drew Gillingham at home in the 1st round &
Got a crowd of 16000.

How many teams could we have drawn tonight
That would have got the Amex nearly full?

I think maybe 8

Arsenal
Spurs
Man Utd
Man city
West Ham
Liverpool
Palace
Chelsea

Feel free to prove me wrong

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Yes I'm well aware of that.As a ST holder my self I'm just trying to dangle some sort of carrot.
I remember in our 1st season at the Amex we drew Gillingham at home in the 1st round &
Got a crowd of 16000.

How many teams could we have drawn tonight
That would have got the Amex nearly full?

I think maybe 8

Arsenal
Spurs
Man Utd
Man city
West Ham
Liverpool
Palace
Chelsea

Feel free to prove me wrong

Midweek and league cup. I would say only Chelsea and Man U. Already seen Arsenal and Liverpool here

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here