Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dunk

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Knocky & Bruno the other two?

I thought Bruno looked nervy aerially and up against their movement and high pressure. Not necessarily at fault for the goals, but it was the weakest performance from him in that role for me.

Kayal and Knocky were the other two for me personally. Kayal was totally outnumbered in midfield but did as much as he could, albeit he'll play better, and Knocky is Knocky.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I thought Bruno looked nervy aerially and up against their movement and high pressure. Not necessarily at fault for the goals, but it was the weakest performance from him in that role for me.

Kayal and Knocky were the other two for me personally. Kayal was totally outnumbered in midfield but did as much as he could, albeit he'll play better, and Knocky is Knocky.

That's fair enough.

My summary is that the entire team looked fairly weak, with the exception of Knocky who had a typically great game, and Dunk.

The two (arguably three) players who had bad games were; Bong, Skalak and Stockdale (with no awareness during the first goal and horrendous pass to Dunk which was intercepted and luckily not another goal - but he did pull off one or two decent saves).

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
That's fair enough.

My summary is that the entire team looked fairly weak, with the exception of Knocky who had a typically great game, and Dunk.

The two (arguably three) players who had bad games were; Bong, Skalak and Stockdale (with no awareness during the first goal and horrendous pass to Dunk which was intercepted and luckily not another goal - but he did pull off one or two decent saves).

I can't really disagree with much of that. I just felt with Kayal that he was doing the job of two, often three men at times and often stopped them walking straight through our midfield.

I definitely agree about the three who were poorest. Stockdale has worried me so far this season. We're seeing none of his trademark passing ability, he doesn't seem to be pushing the ball away from the area when making a save, and he's not commanding his box like usual. I'm a big fan of his usually, and hopefully it's just a little dip, but I'd have no qualms giving Maenpaa a run if his form doesn't pick up.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Wonder if we will play 451 next week

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here