Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liverpool back down

theboybilly

I bet Fenway Sports are not really happy about this at all. Liverpool already lag behind United and Chelsea for attendance revenue as it is.....even more so to Arsenal and their ridiculous prices. The difference between them could be the cost of a striker that catapults them into a serious title challenge. There will be more than enough tourists more than willing to pay over £77 a ticket for the top games. But most of any money goes to the greedy, selfish footballer. That's the problem and until football faces up to it things won't get better for the man in the street.
£59 or £77? A maximum £35 across the board might be a start

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It all falls down on that last line. This is why I dislike Liverpool, they're always spouting NONSENSE about how they are so unique and extraordinary, as if they're somehow better than any other football. They're not of course.

They don't. Leeds, and to a lesser extent,Sheffield Wednesday do.

As a born and bred southerner, I went to live in Liverpool in the late 60s. I learned, and experienced, Liverpool fans with a genuine love for their club. Stood on the Kop with 20 thousand of them, roaring their team on (but still always a Brighton fan first). Eventually moved back 'down south' about ten years later. 30 odd years on, I still can't understand the anti-scouse prejudice that sometimes rears its ugly head. Liverpool FC is a proper club (as they've just shown again by listening to their fans).

Why the hatred? What have they ever done to us? Are they somehow more evil than Palarse?

Or do some compulsive and obsessive scouse-haters on here need to get a grip?

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield

As a born and bred southerner, I went to live in Liverpool in the late 60s. I learned, and experienced, Liverpool fans with a genuine love for their club. Stood on the Kop with 20 thousand of them, roaring their team on (but still always a Brighton fan first). Eventually moved back 'down south' about ten years later. 30 odd years on, I still can't understand the anti-scouse prejudice that sometimes rears its ugly head. Liverpool FC is a proper club (as they've just shown again by listening to their fans).

Why the hatred? What have they ever done to us? Are they somehow more evil than Palarse?

It really is absurd isn't it? Rarely have I seen a club do so little to attract such ire.

And clubs bigging themselves up really is part and parcel of football. Don't we regularly sing about how we are the greatest team seen in history?

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011

Good post. Some of the comments about the fan's walkout have been bizarre and from people who complain about the way football is going. It hasn't changed the world but the Liverpool fans did something about an issue and got a result. They should be applauded. Did more than Man u with their soppy green and yellow scarves.
Scousers fulfil a role like the French do for the terminally humour challenged lad.

Hopefully, this will be a first and other club's fans will follow suit. Who knows, maybe some kind of fan's united protest. Crazy idea.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Black armbands at the weekend in remembrance of the old pricing plan ?

The owners should also budget for paying fans for loss of earnings whilst organising the campaign, and compensate for the emotional trauma suffered when leaving the game early.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

As football fans go, they have always been the media darlings, the cheeky chappies with their unique sense of humour, etc etc. And they are still treated as a special case even now, despite them being just like other fans from other cities all over the UK. They have a dark side to their history just like many other clubs, but they are always portrayed as being uber fans with their angelic, passionate support. Some of us with a less selective memory than most just don't buy into the BS, that is all.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
As football fans go, they have always been the media darlings, the cheeky chappies with their unique sense of humour, etc etc.

Completely untrue. After Heysel and Hillsborough there was a MASSIVE amount of criticism hurled at them, do you not remember or are you only choosing to recall the facts the way you wish to view them?

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Completely untrue. After Heysel and Hillsborough there was a MASSIVE amount of criticism hurled at them, do you not remember or are you only choosing to recall the facts the way you wish to view them?

When it comes to Liverpool, some people wilfully ignore the facts.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Good post. Some of the comments about the fan's walkout have been bizarre and from people who complain about the way football is going. It hasn't changed the world but the Liverpool fans did something about an issue and got a result. They should be applauded. Did more than Man u with their soppy green and yellow scarves.
Scousers fulfil a role like the French do for the terminally humour challenged lad.

Hopefully, this will be a first and other club's fans will follow suit. Who knows, maybe some kind of fan's united protest. Crazy idea.

Really! Green and yellow scarves and also a bunch of them walking away and forming a new club!!!

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
The owners should also budget for paying fans for loss of earnings whilst organising the campaign, and compensate for the emotional trauma suffered when leaving the game early.

I heard someone from a Liverpools fan group saying the board still haven't done enough

They just want to get in for free don't they?

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
I heard someone from a Liverpools fan group saying the board still haven't done enough

I can see what they mean. Some tickets are still around £60, still too much considering the extra money next season. They could half the ticket price and still be better off due to Sky money.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
It all falls down on that last line. This is why I dislike Liverpool, they're always spouting NONSENSE about how they are so unique and extraordinary, as if they're somehow better than any other football. They're not of course.

To be fair, it is impressive that they protested and the club backed down. I've not seen that from any other football club to this point. Perhaps this will be a catalyst for other fans like Arsenal to put pressure on their pricing. Fair play to the Liverpool fans for effective decisive action. I think we as supporters should be able to appreciate that.

Just put in the Adult terrace entrance cost into the inflation calculator from my when first watching the Albion,it would have inflated to £3.68 per game at the present time. So paying £59 does seem a tad exspensive???

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I bet Fenway Sports are not really happy about this at all. Liverpool already lag behind United and Chelsea for attendance revenue as it is.....even more so to Arsenal and their ridiculous prices. The difference between them could be the cost of a striker that catapults them into a serious title challenge. There will be more than enough tourists more than willing to pay over £77 a ticket for the top games. But most of any money goes to the greedy, selfish footballer. That's the problem and until football faces up to it things won't get better for the man in the street.
£59 or £77? A maximum £35 across the board might be a start

With the new £5.5bn TV deal, gate receipts are now such a small proportion of a PL clubs overall revenue stream that they could easily freeze or reduce ticket prices, it'd make practically stuff-all difference to their overall turnover. There is absolutely no need whatsoever to increase prices one iota, which is obviously why its all kicked off now. Against the backdrop of that new TV deal, it has become unjustifiable.

It'll be interesting to see whether other PL fans now follow suit when they're asked to pay more.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here