Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Buckley out for four weeks

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Hes an inconsistent injury prone player, who thinks hes alot better than he is... On his day he can be brilliant, but hes not on his day enough...

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I hope the Buckles back with the secret of his frailness uncovered. He's dynamite for me and I love his combination of pace, trickery and deftness that powerbull Lualua and onefoot Conway don't have. I'll send an atheist prayer his way and hope that influences his well-being in 2014.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Didn't we (reportedly) turn down a £5m offer for Buckers from Swansea last season?

If we did it was very bad business
I got a little bit titsy listening to similar comments on Roar.

It's only very bad business now, with hindsight.

Had Will played the whole season a la the Bolton game.
Not only would we be higher up the division, we'd also be fighting off offers double that.

At which point selling Will for ONLY £3-5m would look like very bad business indeed.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Jesus, I thought all this was behind us when Malcolm "Shipman" Stuart was replaced.

Just the opposite. Since our new German doctor arrived ( Herr Mengele ) injuries now seem to drag on and on. He is trying all sorts of new treatments and the building of our new de-toxification and cleansing room fills me with some suspicion. Apparently, he spent many years working in sports science and medicine in South America before we ' head-hunted ' him.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
On a serious note, I think there could be a problem with his stride pattern/cadence. He often seems to be over-stretching when running. This is exaggerated by his push and run style, when he stops and then tries to push off with great speed. A few sessions with a top sprinting coach might help. Shorter strides and lower body position to start with.
Steven Gerrard has a similar problem with ' over-striding ' and spends a lot of time injured.

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill
Just the opposite. Since our new German doctor arrived ( Herr Mengele ) injuries now seem to drag on and on. He is trying all sorts of new treatments and the building of our new de-toxification and cleansing room fills me with some suspicion. Apparently, he spent many years working in sports science and medicine in South America before we ' head-hunted ' him.

This makes sense. Particularly as we're supposed to be after someone called Goebel :lolol:

Kevlar

Dec 20, 2013
For a player whose main strength is pace chronic weak hamstrings are likely to severley limit
his career prospects.I suspect we will never see his potential fufilled.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The first one was a ligament in one knee, the second was a broken foot and the third was a ligament in the other knee. Very unfortunate. Also, the surgery to repair the latter didn't go well.

He also had to have a hernia repair op when on loan to Sheff Utd.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Buckley is crocked, I am convinced of it. He looks like he has been holding back for a while now, not really going at defenders like he did in his first season, yet Saturday he does go for it by all accounts I have seen, and ends up doing his hamstring. It sounds like he can't push his body past a certain point, and he knows it. Sadly, I suspect this will prevent him ever amounting to anymore than a Championship player

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here