Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Foo Fighters

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I thought they looked excellent at Glastonbury and I have just finished a documentary on Netflix about them.

I loved their first album and then went a bit cold on them for a while apart from the odd tune that i really liked. Learn to Fly, Times Like These, Monkey Wrench. Thought I might make a playlist on Spotify.

Recommendations?

And of course don't forget to let everyone know if you think they are shit :D

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Most over rated band on the planet. Would never have made it anywhere if Grohl wasnt the drummer for Nirvana.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Most over rated band on the planet. Would never have made it anywhere if Grohl wasnt the drummer for Nirvana.
Or put another way. Much better band than Nirvana proving that Grohl was always more talented than Cobain.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Or put another way. Much better band than Nirvana proving that Grohl was always more talented than Cobain.

This post is the musical equivalent of strangling a kitten.

Or blowing its head off with a shot gun.

Too soon?

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
My Favourite band, seen them 10 times live throughout their career and they have got better and better as time has gone by. Saw them at the O2 last month and they were fantastic, 3 hours on stage playing old and new tracks. Off to see them at the London Stadium as well next summer.

For a good selection of their songs there is a playlist on spotify of their setlist from the O2. ITs a great list of new tracks and classics.

https://open.spotify.com/user/higgers_76/playlist/0XPdMaIhetfELwhQsf2QfJ?si=h2xmIuvW

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Recommendation.....Honestly.........just a fun track to shake your shit to. Best of You............Anger and shouting in the car on your own!

Massive fan here. Won't get drawn into the whole Nirvana argument thing, or even try to say that they create legendary, innovative music. They just make really enjoyable, foot thumping,, head banging rock music repeatedly, over and over again for 20 years. They admit to becoming a bit of a 'dad band' these days, perhaps they will morph into the Status Quo of the 21st century? God I hope not!

What I really like is the attitude though, still enjoy playing small venues (been lucky enough to see this once), when they play stadium gigs they really do play for 2 and a half hours, and they just come out and try to please their fans. You really cannot see a more honest bunch of superstars, and they are also very polite to their fans up close if you are ever lucky enough.

Will be seeing them again at The Etihad in Melbourne on Jan 30, if you were going we could grab a beer maybe?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Recommendation.....Honestly.........just a fun track to shake your shit to. Best of You............Anger and shouting in the car on your own!

Massive fan here. Won't get drawn into the whole Nirvana argument thing, or even try to say that they create legendary, innovative music. They just make really enjoyable, foot thumping,, head banging rock music repeatedly, over and over again for 20 years. They admit to becoming a bit of a 'dad band' these days, perhaps they will morph into the Status Quo of the 21st century? God I hope not!

What I really like is the attitude though, still enjoy playing small venues (been lucky enough to see this once), when they play stadium gigs they really do play for 2 and a half hours, and they just come out and try to please their fans. You really cannot see a more honest bunch of superstars, and they are also very polite to their fans up close if you are ever lucky enough.

Will be seeing them again at The Etihad in Melbourne on Jan 30, if you were going we could grab a beer maybe?
I didn't know they were playing actually, don't think i will be going as i am currently in the middle of a financial crisis

Best of you is a good shout, as is the rest of your appraisal of them. Good honest rock band who can write a tune.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I've not liked anything, apart from a couple of singles, since One By One. That album, and everything before it, are peak Foo for me.

Its funny,

I love the one by one album but it is widely regarded by the band and a large number of fans as their worst album. I don't understand it as I think its blinding album.

They did a couple of not so good albums a few years ago but the latest couple have been excellent.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
The Foo Fighters spiral:
This looks and feels like commercial dad-rock. Is it?
Don't ever say that. Lots of people are having fun, you perennial malcontent.
Are these songs indistinguishable from one another, or do I need to practice listening?
But it's definitely plodding towards a big chorus that goes on and on again. Why should that improve your listening?
Criticism is pretentious and there's another chorus. Don't think about it too hard.
I bet this is one of five CDs Tim Lovejoy has in his car.
Someone chose this in a dead heat with Champagne Supernova as first dance at their wedding. You are just mean.
Also, don't get bitter cos your favourite bands aren't great at being mechanistically mainstream. Of course that's an art.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Its funny,

I love the one by one album but it is widely regarded by the band and a large number of fans as their worst album. I don't understand it as I think its blinding album.

They did a couple of not so good albums a few years ago but the latest couple have been excellent.

Yeah I think it's great.

I've listened to a bit of Sonic Highways but it wasn't for me. Might give Concrete and Gold a spin though.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I personally find One By One to be the best representation of what the Foos do. All My Life, Low, Times Like These, Disenchanted Lullaby, all tunes.

Also, give Queens of the Stone Age a try. They're like FF's cooler, (better,) more dangerous older brother.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Its funny,

That's bizarre. Easily their best for me!

Albion in the north

Jul 13, 2012
Ooop North
The Colour and the shape is my favourite. Some of the songs after that were a bit too formulaic for me so didn’t invest in the albums. Having said that, DG will go down in history as a rock legend.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
The Foo Fighters are a band I don't think I particularly like, but whenever I see them live (on the telly) I actually think they are very good.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
First three albums good, fourth ok, rest meh - as far as I can tell.

they have got better and better as time has gone by.

Actually shocked by this. Their music has lost originality and Grohl lost his voice in circa 2004. (I first saw them at Brixton Academy in 2000 and last saw them at Concorde 2, two years ago.

Best of You....?

Genuinely my least favourite song by any band that I like, so repetitive and mundane.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here