Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Marathon Thread

Been a while since we have heard about folks 26.2 mile endeavours.
After running my 100th marathon in March, I have set the task to run 52 marathons in 52 weeks.
Marathon 112 (12th in 11 weeks) is in 3 hours time. I am in Anchorage, Alaska & not surprisingly am the only Brit!
Anyone else still in training or has an event planned?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Reached double figures for marathons today with the South Downs marathon. Man, it was hot!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Buffalo Seagull

Jun 1, 2006
Geelong, Vic, Australia
I've just signed up to do my first ever marathon in May next year. 44 km from Lorne to Apollo Bay along the Great Ocean Road in Victoria, Australia. The course is right along the coast the whole way, but is quite hilly. Being my first race, I'll be happy just to finish, but would love to break 5 hours.

Reached double figures for marathons today with the South Downs marathon. Man, it was hot!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Well done. Love South Downs Marathon - though never done it when hot. There is whole swathes of that course open to the elements so it must have been testing. #112 done in Anchorage. No issues with heat. A great course mainly trail through forests. No moose or bears spotted but snow capped mountains made up for this. 4:06 was my time. Next marathon in outer Reading on a Friday in 3 weeks.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I've just signed up to do my first ever marathon in May next year. 44 km from Lorne to Apollo Bay along the Great Ocean Road in Victoria, Australia. The course is right along the coast the whole way, but is quite hilly. Being my first race, I'll be happy just to finish, but would love to break 5 hours.

That's a beauty of a course. I cycled up to the Grampians, down to the Great Ocean Road on to Geelong and round Melbourne Bay. All in preparation for drinking at the MCG and SCG Ashes Tests a few years back. Hope you don't get the cold 50mph Antarctic headwind I got in mid summer. Good luck.

Well done. Love South Downs Marathon - though never done it when hot. There is whole swathes of that course open to the elements so it must have been testing. #112 done in Anchorage. No issues with heat. A great course mainly trail through forests. No moose or bears spotted but snow capped mountains made up for this. 4:06 was my time. Next marathon in outer Reading on a Friday in 3 weeks.

Keep them coming. The wilderness of Alaska one week followed by the tinpot wilds of Reading. Ha ha.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
5 marathons in 5 days completed on May Bank holiday Sunday
Started in Ilfracombe on the Wednesday and finished in Bulford on Sunday afternoon
My final marathon was done in 4 hrs 17 mins
Epic course across Exmoor and across Salisbury Plain
It follows the route of The Ox and Bucks Regt march in there preparation for taking Pegasus Bridge in 1944
Great food, Physios and Medics
Just google Forces March
They are also running from Tarrant Rushden to Pegasus Bridge in 2019 to celebrate the 75th Anniversary of the landings
All in aid of The Veterans Charity

5f4461c70a257380bd20604a7f5a340f.jpg

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
#56 last Sunday, Farnham Pilgrim (lovely trail race around the North Downs, Loselely Estate, Guildford etc). Probably another 4/5 before the end of the year including the stupid Preston Park thing and Beachy Head (well done Premier League for moving our Southampton game to Sunday opening this one up :D)
[MENTION=12697]Steve Foster[/MENTION] - are you still on track for your 52/52 ??

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
#56 last Sunday, Farnham Pilgrim (lovely trail race around the North Downs, Loselely Estate, Guildford etc). Probably another 4/5 before the end of the year including the stupid Preston Park thing and Beachy Head (well done Premier League for moving our Southampton game to Sunday opening this one up :D)
[MENTION=12697]Steve Foster[/MENTION] - are you still on track for your 52/52 ??

Yep, I'm at Beachy too (can't wait, it was so good last year). Tempted by the Velodrome, almost certain I'm gonna have another crack at Moyleman, contemplating Mouth 2 Mouth and signed up for Brighton next year. As well as the 26.2s, next year it's time to step it up into Ultra territory...

Good luck for Berlin, [MENTION=26634]Simgull[/MENTION] and good luck for the 52/52 [MENTION=12697]Steve Foster[/MENTION]

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα
#2 (of 3) yesterday in Amsterdam.

1 - Manchester - 3:47
2 - Athens - DNF (knee injury)
3 - Amsterdam - 4:00

Happy with the run as I got sick 3 weeks before the run which meant I had less than ideal training (the cough only stopped mid last week). Really feeling it today probably due to the lack of miles put in during training. I said after my first that I wouldn't do another one and I feel exactly like that now... cue signing up for another at Christmas!

Anyone got any races lined up in the coming weeks/months?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here