Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Glen Murray

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
He was very poor I thought, but clearly not match fit and won some flick on's in the second half which no one was challenging for. Would try Izzy Brown up top against West Ham imo but don't write Murray off after one bad performance.
We tried that at Arsenal and it was like a square peg in a round hole. Izzy Brown is not an out-and-out forward more a number 10/attacking midfielder. Murray is isolated up front at the moment whereas last season we played 4-4-2.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Glenn is what he is.

We know his capabilities and we also know is limitations. He played his part in getting the club promoted and players of that calibre and age will probably eventually move on or be phased out as the side evolves and the quality of incoming players improves.

He will not create much or score loads of goals but he will chip in with the odd goal here and there if other players create for him. The team is a ''work in progress'' and players do put in awful performances, especially strikers at this level in the lower half of the table teams.

I think just get behind him and support him when he is in the team, in the knowledge that at sometime in the coming transfer windows, better players will not doubt take his place

lasvegan

Jan 30, 2009
Sin City
Would have had a tap in if Dunk had crossed instead of shot in 1st half. Clearly not match fit but still our best option up front at the moment.

D

Deleted member 2719

Glenn is what he is.

We know his capabilities and we also know is limitations. He played his part in getting the club promoted and players of that calibre and age will probably eventually move on or be phased out as the side evolves and the quality of incoming players improves.

He will not create much or score loads of goals but he will chip in with the odd goal here and there if other players create for him. The team is a ''work in progress'' and players do put in awful performances, especially strikers at this level in the lower half of the table teams.

I think just get behind him and support him when he is in the team, in the knowledge that at sometime in the coming transfer windows, better players will not doubt take his place

The memories of him smiling while in a Palace shirt scoring against us makes him so hard to trust or bond with.

Attachments

• glenn-murray-vs-brighton-2012.jpg
    glenn-murray-vs-brighton-2012.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 387

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
I understand how these 'fans' feel. I mean, he's paid well to be able to be totally match fit after such a lay off as he's had. Fancy being caught offside so many times against such inexperienced premier league players as Jagielka, Keane Baines and the youngster Holgate?

:tosser:

I understand how these 'fans' feel. I am a fan. I absolutely love the Albion and to question that of me, based of my observations of the game, I take as ****ing insult. How dare you.
As for your thoughts framed in a sarcastic, condescending post:

I mean, he's paid well to be able to be totally match fit after such a lay off as he's had. Well yes, he is paid well. He's given excellent treatment and physio by the club, but as I previously stated it does indeed take some players time to get back to 100% after an injury. What is irrelevant to his fitness is his concentration and awareness, and he was seriously off the pace today in terms of this. Offside far too much, stalled or completely killed attacks with a poor touch or pass.

Fancy being caught offside so many times against such inexperienced premier league players as Jagielka, Keane Baines and the youngster Holgate? Rather amusingly, you've contradicted yourself by citing "the youngster Holgate" as part of an extremely experienced Premier League defence. Indeed, all of Evertons defence are fine (and some expensive) players, but their quality is irrelevant to how Murray played. He was poor. With someone sharper they may have had a more uncomfortable afternoon.
And despite Everton's quality in defence on paper, they've conceded 12 goals in their last 6 league games. They aren't as rock-solid as you try to pretend.

I disagree with your view, which is absolutely fine, acceptable, healthy even. But don't question my loyalty, my belief in the club.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
We tried that at Arsenal and it was like a square peg in a round hole. Izzy Brown is not an out-and-out forward more a number 10/attacking midfielder. Murray is isolated up front at the moment whereas last season we played 4-4-2.

We have to change the way we pass the ball, try and play in behind defenses with Brown up front. His pace would certainly worry West Ham's defense more than a sluggish Murray imo.

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
We have to change the way we pass the ball, try and play in behind defenses with Brown up front. His pace would certainly worry West Ham's defense more than a sluggish Murray imo.
That is easier said than done. Our passing has been pretty poor since the start of the season. If we could keep possession and pass better there wouldn't be so much pressure on our defence.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
That is easier said than done. Our passing has been pretty poor since the start of the season. If we could keep possession and pass better there wouldn't be so much pressure on our defence.

I agree that our passing hasn't been brilliant, however just put the long hoofs into the channels for Brown to chase instead of down the centre for Murray to flick on.

hopper_182

Sep 25, 2008
**** me he was woeful today. Perhaps the injury is still playing on him, but he did his best to halt every attack we had today. Painfully slow, offside more than Elvis Manu, kept giving fouls away (In fairness Oliver was giving everything against him). Team did welll overall despite him, though I'm very much looking forward to having Tomer back up front.
Hope he is dropped. Would rather have brown up there. Did more in the few mins he was on the Murray did all game.
Never liked Murray lazy waste of space 80% of the time, great player the rest of the time.

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here