Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Famous Singers on others' records

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Kirsty MacColl sang on Jonah Louie 'Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties'.

Kirsty mimed it on TOTP, but it's not her singing on the record.

However, she does sing backing vocals on Tracy Ullman's cover of her song 'They Don't Know About Us'. It's her, not Ullman that sings the piercing BABY! She's also on Billy Bragg's 'Sexuality' and The Happy Mondays' 'Hallelujah'. I think she also did some for Simple Minds when her then husband Steve Lillywhite was producing them.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic

Not sure that this is relevent,but James Brown, its a mans world. with Luciano Pavrotti.Whoever came up with this arrangement is a genious as far as im concenred. Beautiful. Dont think I have heard a better performance from James Brown for this song!

Last edited:

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington

However, she does sing backing vocals on Tracy Ullman's cover of her song 'They Don't Know About Us'. It's her, not Ullman that sings the piercing BABY! She's also on Billy Bragg's 'Sexuality' and The Happy Mondays' 'Hallelujah'. I think she also did some for Simple Minds when her then husband Steve Lillywhite was producing them.

She does backing vocals on 'Golden Lights' by the Smiths, one of the weirdest cover versions ever, that Mozza eh?

colinz

Banned
Oct 17, 2010
Auckland
Bruce Springsteen backing vocals on Graham Parker & the Rumour "Endless Night"

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Grease by Franki Valli. Song was written by Barry Gibb and he provides backing vocals, likewise on Woman in Love by Barbra Streisand and a number of other big hits. Maybe Heatrbreaker by Dionne Warwick too. Multi talented guy.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne

Kirsty also did backing vocals on Welcome to the Cheap Seats by The Wonder Stuff

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Emmylou Harris has sung on various other artists records including Gram Parsons, Bob Dylan, Neil Young, Elvis Costello, Warren Zevon, Little Feat, Linda Ronstadt, Lyle Lovett, Johnny Cash, Ladysmith Black Mambazo amongst others.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here