Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Sunderland Relegated

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
This is a brilliant and epic rant from about 7 minutes in, saying everything that's wrong with the club. The nadir is reached around 22 mins.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWbP6qPiCYE

I was about to post that. It is a classic, classic rant, with the musical bonus at the end. Well worth 24 minutes of anybody's time. Except Ellis Short and Jack Rodwell possibly.

ShanklySeagull

Justice for the 96...
May 30, 2011
Littlehampton
Gus said the same. Too many ‘senior players’ who effectively ran the club but whose contracts were too big to be torn up.

In Jan this year I was in a work meeting at the Park Regis hotel in Birmingham and Sunderland were in the next room preparing for their match against Birmingham. We saw them moving in and out at breaks and we all commented then that there was a sullen, quiet demeanour amongst all the playing and coaching staff. You couldn't see any sign of energy or spirit from any of them. We remarked then we thought they looked like they'd already conceded that nights tie before a ball was kicked. Birmingham preceded to whack them 3-1 in a pretty one sided game!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Get off ya high horse will ya. It's a relegation not your very existence as a club.

On the other hand i have no axe to grind with Mackem's or Geordies for that matter, both likable. Just Smoggies piss me off.

All if this.

LVGull

May 13, 2016
He did but it was deferred for the first season. If he stays (which I am sure he will as no one will want him even on his reduced wages next season) his wages will drop at the end of this season as we have not been promoted back to the PL.

I do agree with the messages above that we are in a bad way however I will be there at Fulham Friday for the relegation party

What will his wages now reduce to?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Get off ya high horse will ya. It's a relegation not your very existence as a club.

On the other hand i have no axe to grind with Mackem's or Geordies for that matter, both likable. Just Smoggies piss me off.
Wise words. It does irritate me when stroppy twats use this as some sort of feeble defences to why we shouldn't be allowed to take the piss, EVER. Relegated to league one? Boo fckin hoo.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Feel free to rub it in when me and fellow SAFC fans signed petitions and marched along the seafront when you were on your knees!

Based on experiences of scummy Mackems when overseas. For example in a family hotel in Mallorca a few short years ago I thought I'd pop into the TV lounge one afternoon to see the PL scores. Some pissed Mackems were ruining it for everyone else with their behaviour, in front of kids. I couldn't believe how many clubs they angrily HATED with a passion, clubs with no connection - Arsenal, Liverpool, etc. God knows why?

Plus the disgraceful support given for convicted child nonce Adam Johnson on readytogo, post conviction. The trolling of the girl victim by loads of posters beggared belief. The moral standard in your part of the world appeated medieval.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Based on experiences of scummy Mackems when overseas. For example in a family hotel in Mallorca a few short years ago I thought I'd pop into the TV lounge one afternoon to see the PL scores. Some pissed Mackems were ruining it for everyone else with their behaviour, in front of kids. I couldn't believe how many clubs they angrily HATED with a passion, clubs with no connection - Arsenal, Liverpool, etc. God knows why?

Plus the disgraceful support given for convicted child nonce Adam Johnson on readytogo, post conviction. The trolling of the girl victim by loads of posters beggared belief. The moral standard in your part of the world appeated medieval.

This.

Them and the obligatory pissed up Geordies with their beer guts and midriff exposing Newcastle shirts.

Only pissed up Bayern Munchen fans yelling around the hotel at 3am are in their league.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Anyone spare a thought for KLL!

Never started for them and already been told he will be released.

Its only relegation to the Third tier. A Sunderland fan I know you'd think they've gone out of business or something the way he is going on. Says it all that he has barely even been to a game this season, but made plenty in the Premiership

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
After the home defeat that confirmed their relegation on Saturday, apparently not ONE Sunderland player had the balls or decency to front up to the press. None of them had ANYTHING they wanted to say to the fans, via the media? :shrug: :tosser:

A caller to R5 on Sunday morning added that he had been in hospitality as match sponsors, and no player even came to meet them (despite the MotM selection / meet the player being part of the package they'd paid for).

The club is currently rotten. The squad clearly don't care. Even Lee Cattermole doesn't get sent off any more.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
After the home defeat that confirmed their relegation on Saturday, apparently not ONE Sunderland player had the balls or decency to front up to the press. None of them had ANYTHING they wanted to say to the fans, via the media? :shrug: :tosser:

A caller to R5 on Sunday morning added that he had been in hospitality as match sponsors, and no player even came to meet them (despite the MotM selection / meet the player being part of the package they'd paid for).

The club is currently rotten. The squad clearly don't care. Even Lee Cattermole doesn't get sent off any more.

As with Wolves 2012 and Villa 2016 - millionaire players treating supporters with disdain. The least worst players will be off this summer to get lucrative Championship contracts elsewhere.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

There are a plethora of reasons they could have hated those clubs for, all beyond the realms of 22 blokes kicking a ball around a pitch. I suppose I shouldn't give them credit enough to hate them for the right reasons, they were probably just riled they'd been beaten by them so many times.

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
I know the Bent and the Mackems don’t have the best of relationships but I found it thoroughly pathetic that upon scoring on Saturday and consigning Sunderland to L1 he would cup his ear for the “I can’t hear you “ celebration. Like Burton are safe. Bit of a loser. Like goading your ex for being bereaved.

Anyway, here's some things I learned which painted a picture of Sunderland's recent demise.

At one point I’m told they considered moving their training facilities and base to the North London in a bit to compete with other clubs in the Premier League as they were overspending so much to attract players to the NE. Players could then all live in and around London and commute up to Sunderland for games.

Jack Rodwell. £70k p/w on a 5 year deal, too injured or (too expensive to play), wants to leave but won’t terminate his contract. Haemorrhaging money and not making it back (Shirts reduced to 75% off since January as they aren't selling. Terrible kit though).

And the most sobering nugget of knowledge - convicted paedophile Adam Johnson has the most assists for Sunderland in the past 3 years and he’s been in prison for 2 of them.

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
Sunderland have some fairly impressive records:
- Most successive Premier League loses, 20 in a row, starting in 2002/3 and then carrying on losing when they got promoted again in 2005.
- 364 days without a win at home (from 2016 to 2017)

Though still not as depressing supporting them as Coventry, I would guess. Both run by crap uncaring boards, but Coventry haven't had a promotion since 1967. (Though I'm sure 1987 was good, at least.)

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
There are a plethora of reasons they could have hated those clubs for, all beyond the realms of 22 blokes kicking a ball around a pitch. I suppose I shouldn't give them credit enough to hate them for the right reasons, they were probably just riled they'd been beaten by them so many times.

It was the pissed f*ck c*nt language in the day time in a TV lounge (this was not a bar or pub), with kids of all ages about, that wasn't very clever. Came across Mackems trying to ruin everyone else's holidays in a nice hotel on Ibiza on another occasion. A good reason to find hotels off the beaten track.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here