Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Stoke, Southampton, Swansea & Huddersfield. Remaining Fixtures.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Palace will win against Watford. NEVER expect Watford to do us any favours against that lot. Complete ****in bottle job of a club, they’ll probably lose it in the 92nd minute.

Yep I concur. Been on top for 30 minutes but still won’t win.

el punal

I was looking at Burnley who have done fantastically well this year. They have only scored 2 more goals than us which I was surprised at, but they have the 3rd best defensive record in the PL which has led to their success. Until they lost midweek only them, City & United had conceded fewer than 30 goals. I guess that shows we are creating & scoring enough, you can never score too many of course. But we need to stop conceding cheap goals like we did Tuesday & last Saturday and countless other times during the season. Easy!

Being newcomers to the Premier League always comes with a health warning - make a mistake at the back and you’ll be punished. And, so it has proved. Those same errors we got away with in the Championship. Having said that we have adapted and improved, although not always consistently, throughout the season. I would hope that by the time we’ve played Burnley we’ll be safe (another away trip ticked off!) and watching the last three matches against Man Utd, Man City, and Liverpool I would prefer not to have my bum squeaking with nervous tension, but rather, celebrate and enjoy another year in the top flight.

nigeyb

Oct 14, 2005
Hove
Following their 2-2 draw with Liverpool, WBA can now officially not overhaul BHAFC. I know it was always an unlikely scenario but I am still reassured.

Is it better for us for Southampton to beat Chelsea in the FA Cup and still have the "distraction" of the FA Cup, or might they get a confidence boost from progressing that could help them in their last four Premier League games?

In tomorrow's fixtures, I'm hoping....

Arsenal v West Ham - Arsene's announcement gives the Gunners a huge boost and they trounce West Ham

Stoke v Burnley - Burnley's quest for Europa Cup place gives them the edge over Stoke

Man City v Swansea - Champions City want to give their home support something to cheer before receiving the title (plus going for a record points tally)

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I would hope that by the time we’ve played Burnley we’ll be safe

That's not possible as even if Southampton lose their next match, they will play the same time as we play Burnley and will still be able to overtake us.

Edit: Just noticed you said 'played'. I read 'play' My bad!

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Following their 2-2 draw with Liverpool, WBA can now officially not overhaul BHAFC. I know it was always an unlikely scenario but I am still reassured.

Is it better for us for Southampton to beat Chelsea in the FA Cup and still have the "distraction" of the FA Cup, or might they get a confidence boost from progressing that could help them in their last four Premier League games?

In tomorrow's fixtures, I'm hoping....

Arsenal v West Ham - Arsene's announcement gives the Gunners a huge boost and they trounce West Ham

Stoke v Burnley - Burnley's quest for Europa Cup place gives them the edge over Stoke

Man City v Swansea - Champions City want to give their home support something to cheer before receiving the title (plus going for a record points tally)
Nope. Chelsea to win comfortably is the best outcome

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
3 big relegation run in matches today.

Best of luck to Arsenal v West Ham, to Man City v Swansea, and especially to Burnley v Stoke.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I’m sure the Burnley team will react after the last defeat. Wenger’s players should be inspired by his announcement but will the Man City team be up for it? I can’t see three wins from the top 6 side.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I’m sure the Burnley team will react after the last defeat. Wenger’s players should be inspired by his announcement but will the Man City team be up for it? I can’t see three wins from the top 6 side.

Of course they will, they’ll be crowned champions and will want show why. Expecting some big wins for them, pressure is off, they’ll be free to express themselves, especially at home.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
There will be some totally unexpected results between now and the end of the season, we need to make sure we get one of them, that’ll do. Those below us will need at least a couple and maybe three.

A win at City or Liverpool would round the season off nicely. We are Brighton so the chances are we’ll take it to the wire.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Big game today in the context of our season.

Capture.JPG

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Of course they will, they’ll be crowned champions and will want show why. Expecting some big wins for them, pressure is off, they’ll be free to express themselves, especially at home.

Im sure City will want to reach 100 points for the season too

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
I think we are good for a point at Burnley and hopefully some '' Am I watching Brighton or Barcelona" moments against ManU. :albion2::thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here