Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leicester v Southampton

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Well even if we have an absolute disaster and everything goes wrong combined with saints winning 3 in a row . We still travel to anfield with a chance of survival .

Most people would of ripped your arm or for that at the start of the season .

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Is everyone forgetting that other teams have less points than us too?

We'll be fine they can't all win!

(Said that with no confidence whatsoever)
Some only need one win to overtake us. Yes, we are in a better position that the clubs below us, but it isn't all over yet.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
They will almost certainly lose their last game (v Man City)
No game against City is easy, but can you think of a better time to be playing them? Their season will be over, they'll have lifted the trophy in front of their fans, played their last game at home, and they'll be thinking about the World Cup. If SCC need a draw in that game, at home, I wouldn't bet against it.

which means it's highly likely one of the two wins people are worried about will come against Swansea. And Swansea play Man City and Chelsea next. So it's quite possible that Swansea could go into their last game still 3 points adrift of us (even if we don't get another point). It would then be all down to GD....
Swansea also play Bournemouth, and then their last game will be at home to already relegated Stoke. Christ I hope our survival doesn't depend on Swansea ****ing it up.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
No game against City is easy, but can you think of a better time to be playing them? Their season will be over, they'll have lifted the trophy in front of their fans, played their last game at home, and they'll be thinking about the World Cup. If SCC need a draw in that game, at home, I wouldn't bet against it.

Swansea also play Bournemouth, and then their last game will be at home to already relegated Stoke. Christ I hope our survival doesn't depend on Swansea ****ing it up.

Have a Horlicks, chill a bit and go to sleep. It WILL help, honestly.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Because, on the whole, the Premier League is not all that.

And there we have it. An entirely sensible and rational post on NSC.

If we’re brutally honest we’ve spent tens of millions this season just to compete with Bournemouth, Huddersfield, Swansea and a Palace side spearheaded by a striker that can’t score, coached by a senile transsexual and wholly reliant on an Olympic diver.

The quality this season has been tragic at our end of the table. Meanwhile, the likes of Pogba and Ozil go about disappointing everyone from their own entitled fans to the overpaid “pundits” who eat up their mistakes like a Weather Girl in Burger King.

Woohoo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria

If Stoke win one, and Swansea don't win any - that last game will be a belter.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
This, makes me laugh that a lot on here think it's either us or Southampton.
I don't think anyone thinks that. It's simply the case that our best chance of survival is for Southampton and Stoke to fail. If Southampton go on a run and stay up, it may well be at the expense of Swansea or Huddersfield, but it could also be at our expense.

Obviously we're in a good position, but we want to start celebrating and looking forward to the summer transfer window and another season in the PL, but the pessimists among us can't do that yet.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I don't think anyone thinks that. It's simply the case that our best chance of survival is for Southampton and Stoke to fail. If Southampton go on a run and stay up, it may well be at the expense of Swansea or Huddersfield, but it could also be at our expense.

Obviously we're in a good position, but we want to start celebrating and looking forward to the summer transfer window and another season in the PL, but the pessimists among us can't do that yet.

I'm partying and booking next term's aways.........

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Have a Horlicks, chill a bit and go to sleep. It WILL help, honestly.
Despite the way it's coming across in my furious posts, I'm totally chilled. What I'm not, however, is jumping around celebrating, and that's what I want to be doing :)

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

I bet you didnt think we'd be promoted till we got the draw at Villa.:)

pocketseagull

Dec 29, 2014
And there we have it. An entirely sensible and rational post on NSC.

If we’re brutally honest we’ve spent tens of millions this season just to compete with ... a senile transsexual

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

come on. you can do better than casual transphobia.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Depends whether Citeh think Southampton have been in this division long enough to qualify for 'Old Boys' rules' - they'll certainly approach their game with us as 'Newbies needing to be put in their place'.
Expect no favours between now and the end of the season!

dannybrooks69

Jun 28, 2013
Southampton are never going to beat City at home. If that's a given they then need to win their other three fixtures to overtake Albion.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here