Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] When will the Albion next win a league game?

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Its actually incredible to think out of 30,500 people in the stadium, the only person who didn't see a Huddersfield striker on the edge of our box was................ Shane Duffy, is that possible, what are the odds on that!

30,500 / 1

or if you pop to a highstreet bookie - 11/2.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
This thread is useless without a poll.

August.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We WILL win again this season but no idea which game

SAC

May 21, 2014
This, Brighton fans pissing their pants at Palace is somewhat embarrassing. Infact this board is becoming really negative, first season in the PL ever, I think we have done rather well.

Pissing pants negative or honest?

Away wins (3rd worst) is two from 15 matches.
Palace home wins (3rd worst) is four from 16 matches.
I think this has a draw written all over it, probably 0-0.

Next win, Friday 4th May

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
The second time today that I have read on here that the performance against Leicester was dire. In the first half I thought we played some of the best football of the season. The penalty miss changed the game.

We looked the only winners in the Leicester game until that penalty miss. Totally agree. As did pretty much every report of the match.

And, while we didn’t play well at all against Huddersfield, it should still have been a 2 or 3 goal victory. Poor finishing and a giveaway goal cost us dear.

I’d say recent results have been frustrating precisely because we know the team is capable of so much better - not because we’re bad. Ridiculous of some people to write off the rest of the season.

Palace and Burnley are unlikely victories but not impossible. Spurs have an FA cup semi-final as their focus the week we play them. We’ve given Man Utd 2 good games already. Liverpool could have a Champions League Final to think about or be mentally switched off with their players’ attention turning to the World Cup.

It’s all to play for.

Last edited:

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I also think Burnley away is winnable. Yes, they're having a great season but they're hardly world beaters. I can't really see us getting anything from the games against the top four, but you never know...

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Spurs

Palace will be a draw, but Spurs will be between City and United and could well rest a load of players.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Was beating Arsenal to choruses of 'we are staying up' a poisoned chalice?

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I think it will be next season ..... but it should be in the PL.

Difficult to see any more points gained this season, but thusfar, most other basement clubs have failed to bridge the gap, so we may well sneak safety.

I have a feeling we'll get to 40 points, but I don't know where they're coming from. On that basis, 1 more win this season - probably one that's not expected.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Would you rather of lost ??? Probably the game that kept us up
Just wondering if the team that got beaten it's customary 2-0 v Arsenal would have also taken just 1 point from a poor Leicester and Huddersfield home games.

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
My head says it will be next season, but my heart is suggesting that we could do Man Ure in our last home game (based on our 2 performances at OT and the possibility that they may have one eye on the cup final by then).

I feel we will get a point at Palace but thats it but other teams in the relegation zone could well save us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here