Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Bahrain Grand Prix - who is watching?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If Ferrari stop again it’ll be a blinding last few laps. If they don’t it will also be a blinding few laps

Ffs Raikkonen has just run over a mechanic

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Hmmm Mercedes stratagists claim not to be able to hear a fairly pissed of sounding Hamilton. Funny how I could hear him asking for information

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Well that was quite an exciting last couple of laps

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Another couple of laps and Bottas may well have got him, but there we go.

Superb effort from Gasly to get fourth.

D

Deleted member 2719

What a drive from Vettel he surely showed his metal!
What was Hamilton playing at?

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Well that was quite an exciting last couple of laps

I'm not sure that i can agree. Bottas never looked quite like he was gonna make it. Reality is that the first few laps were good. then the 2 leadng teams changed their tyre strategies. Very little happened at the head of the field for the next 50 odd laps aside from Raikonnen running over his mechanic, and Bottas flattering to decieve.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Very entertaining race, but that pretty much shows why Bottas is good rather than great as he never really looked like getting the better of Seb. Lewis overtaking three cars in one corner was awesome. Horrible for the Ferrari mechanic and not nice to watch that at all.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Lewis would have won that in Bottas’ situation. It’s disappointing to give Vettel another win but he won the first two last season and was always going to be favourite in Bahrain. Lewis needs to finish ahead of him in China to get some momentum.

No he didn't. He won in Australia and Bahrain, but Bahrain was the third race last year. Hamilton won the second race in China.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Channel hopped in or about five minutes, then channel hopped out again. F1 really seems to have dropped off my interest radar this last coupe of seasons.

Just a random thought\question. With regards to the Ferrari pitlane incident, would having a standardised tyre changing setup right the way down the pitlane help reduce the incidents we've seen in the 1st 2 races?

Geestar

Nov 6, 2012
Shoreham Beach
Just a random thought\question. With regards to the Ferrari pitlane incident, would having a standardised tyre changing setup right the way down the pitlane help reduce the incidents we've seen in the 1st 2 races?
I don't believe so.

Could still have human/equipment errors.

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

I don't believe so.

Could still have human/equipment errors.

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk
Absolutely there's always the human factor, but my reasoning is that the issues have been with Ferrari based pitlane equipment (Ferrari obviously and Haas). Might be a coincidence though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here