Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Missing The Championship...?

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
The only thing I miss is midweek football.
We hardly have any this year

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
When Sky aired a Chesterfield (cheats) match the other day, it was funny to recall that just 10 years ago they were our bitter rivals for a season. How our paths had diverged since in every possible way.

It was very satisfying at the time, but I shared all that with just a relatively tiny number of football followers in Sussex. Today, what a different story! The club has come such a long way.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
When Sky aired a Chesterfield (cheats) match the other day, it was funny to recall that just 10 years ago they were our bitter rivals for a season. How our paths had diverged since in every possible way.

It was very satisfying at the time, but I shared all that with just a relatively tiny number of football followers in Sussex. Today, what a different story! The club has come such a long way.

I still don't like them.

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
The only thing I miss is being one of the best sides and winning almost every week, although the fact we're underdogs makes winning feel more satisfying than it did in the Championship.
Having watched a few championship games this season, the quality of football is pretty poor compared to the Premier League.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The only thing I miss is being one of the best sides and winning almost every week, although the fact we're underdogs makes winning feel more satisfying than it did in the Championship.
Having watched a few championship games this season, the quality of football is pretty poor compared to the Premier League.

Other than Wolves and Fulham, it is poor. Even high spending Villa and Cardiff relying on a lot of muscle, direct tactics and headless chicken hustling.

WBA will fit in nicely.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I enjoyed the Championship, but prefer the PL.

There is no right answer, but it is not possible to be any more eloquent than this. punk:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here