Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Do the poster complaining about activity actually think that TB, PB & CH are just sitting on their hands not trying to strengthen the squad? I'm quite intrigued to know how, in your minds, transfer's work?

We have this every transfer windows and TB pulls it out the bag.

Maybe read back over the thread and you will see its the same people that are moaning every window and bringing the negativity (not concern) to the thread, it makes you think is this how they react in the real world when they don't get what they want or things don't go their way?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
These considered arguments are running out of merit as the season approaches unfortunately, and the closer it gets the further I lean towards the negative side of the debate. We are playing a dangerous game in my opinion.

I will accept the possibility that, by leaving it this late, we are holding out for better quality as you and others have suggested. However, if by 1st September we have signed players such as Forshaw and Niasse then that to me gives out clear signals of last-ditch efforts when considering the prior quality we have been verifiably linked with.

I also find it exasperating that some posters even choose to believe this is all 'planned', when in reality if things had gone to plan our transfer business would have been concluded already with the likes of Abraham, Delaney/Neto etc on board.

Good post. From someone who was undertandably laid back about our transfer business a while back. But as the days, weeks and months evaporate, more fans are coming to the realisation that vital PL games and available points are almost upon the club and on the playing side we are unprepared. With no sign of the top flight quality strikers, RB, CM and LW required to give us a squad with a fighting chance.

The argument put forward by some that Palace, Burnley, Swansea haven't done much business yet, is irrelevant. They all already had PL quality squads built up from several seasons worth of PL riches. So only need to add two or three players at most.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Do the poster complaining about activity actually think that TB, PB & CH are just sitting on their hands not trying to strengthen the squad? I'm quite intrigued to know how, in your minds, transfer's work?

We have this every transfer windows and TB pulls it out the bag.

Maybe read back over the thread and you will see its the same people that are moaning every window and bringing the negativity (not concern) to the thread, it makes you think is this how they react in the real world when they don't get what they want or things don't go their way?

In the past we have been a top 6 side strengthening from a position of strength, if players came in late that was something we could afford as we were already a very strong squad. This year we are one of the 3 weakest squads and we have not changed our methods. We aren't able to show up at the AMEX and expect us to grind a result out against City.

I ALWAYS want our business done as early as possible because I believe thoroughly in planning ahead and being fully prepared so to answer one question there yes that is exactly how I react in the real world, if I know a situation is approaching and I have not prepared I'd be FURIOUS with myself. That is why I am becoming more and more frustrated with BHA, I don't see that as a negative trait to have, but each to their own.

Fail to prepare, prepare to fail is the phrase isn't it?

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Make it 13 clubs in the relegation mix.

As has been pointed out umpteenth times on NSC since 17th April, there's nothing between the 13 clubs, it's a relegation mini league. We're just as good as the other 12. To pick just three competitors, what have Bournemouth, Palace and Stains got on the playing side that we haven't?

The odds according to oddschecker are bull. Today for relegation they stand at, typically:

Brighton 5/4
Palace 5/1
Stains 25/1
Bournemouth 6/1

How can that be when the 13 clubs are so similar in terms of their true prospects?

Those odds look about right to me as things stand. There's no way 13 clubs are in relegation contention. More like 6 or 7.

Last edited:

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Actually, I'll help you with that. The purse strings need to be loosened a bit...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Do you two know each other or are you the same account?

You both seem to say the same thing and have the same ish user name.

Just curious..

One person, 2 accounts, one for PC, one for out and about, twice the fun! ;-)

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
In the past we have been a top 6 side strengthening from a position of strength, if players came in late that was something we could afford as we were already a very strong squad. This year we are one of the 3 weakest squads and we have not changed our methods. We aren't able to show up at the AMEX and expect us to grind a result out against City.

I ALWAYS want our business done as early as possible because I believe thoroughly in planning ahead and being fully prepared so to answer one question there yes that is exactly how I react in the real world, if I know a situation is approaching and I have not prepared I'd be FURIOUS with myself. That is why I am becoming more and more frustrated with BHA, I don't see that as a negative trait to have, but each to their own.

You talk too much sense and will be criticised.

The counter arguments are:
"Available players don't grow on trees, no one else has signed any decent players this summer, Hudd have brought dross and are certs for the drop, Bournemouth are cheating financially, we destroyed the entire Championship so will be fine, our unparalleled team spirit and the most astute clubs always get their best buys on 1st September".

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
So other clubs can achieve but we cannot. You need to ask yourself why that is.

I know why that is, money and reckless spending.

It's easy to say lets go and piss a fortune up the wall when it's not our money. But I think those in charge are right to be more circumspect, just ask the fans of Leeds if they wish Peter Ridsale had been more cautious.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton

So do you think that TB, PB & CH are doing nothing to address this? Do you not think that they have been preparing for a while now? It would be pretty naive to think they're not tbh.

Other clubs (excluding massive clubs) are in the same boat. This is not just BHA that find themselves in this position most clubs in the English league's are in this positions as well and most forums have the same argument going on as we do.

Whether you want the business done as early as possible or not TB, PB & CH know exactly what they are doing and will get it right. I trust them too, as they are yet to let us down in the transfer market to-date.

My view is no matter how much moaning or defending we do about the club, we have no control of the situation so i'm able to stay relaxed and calm about it. TBH i cant wait to see the final 25 man squad on the 1st Sept and then a battle for our survival.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
You talk too much sense and will be criticised.

The counter arguments are:
"Available players don't grow on trees, no one else has signed any decent players this summer, Hudd have brought dross and are certs for the drop, Bournemouth are cheating financially, we destroyed the entire Championship so will be fine, our unparalleled team spirit and the most astute clubs always get their best buys on 1st September".

No! The counter argument is we go through this EVERY SINGLE TRANSFER WINDOW. Remind me, since CH as been in charge, what as our transfer business been like? Yea, the PL is a different beast, granted, but like many others have said, you cant FORCE a player to come to you on the 1st July. He may actually want to explore his options until near the end of the window as some other team might offering him more. Would you jump at the first offer you had with a month to go? or would you hold your cards close to your chest and see what else comes along? Genuine question.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
No! The counter argument is we go through this EVERY SINGLE TRANSFER WINDOW. Remind me, since CH as been in charge, what as our transfer business been like? Yea, the PL is a different beast, granted, but like many others have said, you cant FORCE a player to come to you on the 1st July. He may actually want to explore his options until near the end of the window as some other team might offering him more. Would you jump at the first offer you had with a month to go? or would you hold your cards close to your chest and see what else comes along? Genuine question.

What did we force Gross and Ryan at gunpoint then? This sums up the reason for my concern really, the other players we have obviously 'courted' over some time didn't come off so we are left in the mercenary market along with the other clubs who, as you and others have rightly pointed out, are far more reckless with their spending. We've already lost out to ****ing Swansea this window. Are we looking to pick up the scraps after clubs such as they and our mates up the road are done?

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
What did we force Gross and Ryan at gunpoint then? This sums up the reason for my concern really, the other players we have obviously 'courted' over some time didn't come off so we are left in the mercenary market along with the other clubs who, as you and others have rightly pointed out, are far more reckless with their spending. We've already lost to ****ing Swansea this window. Are we looking to pick up the scraps after clubs such as they and our mates up the road are done?
Yea I can see why you would be concerned at this stage but there is just under a month to go still. If we have not got any new qualirty additions in by the end, I will be very concerned. Yea there is 9pts up for grabs and could be a big difference at the end of the season. Do you not think the club know this more than any off us?

The club have told us the positions where they want to strengthen but its real world and not Football Manager/FIFA. My understanding is they transfer process can be quite complicated which is why I'm more relaxed about it..

At the end of the day, it's all about opinions. [emoji106]

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Suppose we have identified a striker and he is interested in joining us. The only snag is the asking price. His parent club is on the trail of a £50 million import but until that deal gets over the line they are reluctant to sell.

So what do we do? Keep bidding hoping that if we throw enough cash at them, then they will eventually cash in. Or do we wait knowing that when they finally get their marquee signing done, we can nab our target for a lowball fee because he doesn't it into their 25 man squad.

Why not wait and pay £10 million on deadline day, rather than £15 million now? Looking at our first 3 fixtures, is an immediate signing really going to be worth paying an extra £5 million?

Even if we signed Neymar, Man city would still be odds on favourites to beat us. The other two matches are away to Leicester and Watford, both of which we could nick a draw against with our current squad.

Win at home, draw away against all team outside of last seasons top 6 and we will be comfortably mid table.

The important date is Saturday 9th September at home to West Brom, that is when Chris has to have his ideal squad including a few good value new signings.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here