Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
I love some of the reports today 'An extension to the transition period has been suggested' rather than 'TM has begged the EU if she could have another year on her Implementation period'.

If only someone could have seen this coming 3 months ago

I believe that some of the more awkward decisions on a deal may be pushed back into the first extended EU membership period. (You know, the one called 'Implementation').

Should we have a poll to name the next period after that ???

View attachment 100360

Spooky

MYSTIC-MEG_2882318b-620x234.jpg

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
I'd say the country is divided because large numbers of Leavers are FOR the completely unworkable Canada plus plan, LUKEWARM about the inoperable Norway-then-Canada Boles Plan, ACCEPTING of the utterly catastrophic No Deal plan and FEROCIOUSLY AGAINST the further democratic consultation plan.

It's not Remainers who are disrupting the Brexit fantasy. It's reality.

Keep on burying your head.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
That's what we want you fool. :facepalm:

You wanted the Canada deal until I explained it to you.

Now you want 'no deal' but you don't know what that means either :facepalm:

So which part of your 'no deal' Brexit by 29th March 2019 did you think was ridiculous ?

The NI/Ireland Border
The New customs posts
The new Lorry Parks at all ports
The negotiation of our new schedules and quotas with the WTO
The design, building and testing of the new IT systems to run the WTO tariffs and rules
The recruitment and training of the new staff to run the new systems/rules etc

It's just that the way you ran off last time I asked may have given the impression that you had no idea what you were talking about, and I'm sure that's not the case.

*edit* Oh, you seem to have run off again 5 mins after I posted this. Obviously off to formulate an answer :lolol:

Just pick a point, any point, and explain why it's ridiculous :jester:

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
[MENTION=17469]melias shoes[/MENTION] You appear to have run off again as soon as i post the question about 'no deal' .

It's getting a little bit annoying because, as you know, I've been running a campaign to stop this idea that all leave voters are stupid.

If you could please use the 3 days you've already had (plus anymore time you need) and the unlimited information on the Internet and manage to come up with an intelligible answer, you could be a great help in the campaign :thumbsup:

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
I wasn't online you moron. The clue is in the green light. Now stop being a nause you tedious bore. That's for you watford.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
I wasn't online you moron. The clue is in the green light. Now stop being a nause you tedious bore. That's for you watford.

That maybe how I know you have run off again :facepalm:

Well now you're here, what about an answer on your preferred solution 'no deal'. Do you need me to repeat the question yet again?????

(or you could run away again)

Last edited:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Well now you're here, what about an answer?

(or you could run away again)

Now you are here, what about an answer.
Where is the post that i introduced the European Union (Withdrawal) Act into the conversation.
You keep running away before showing me the post where i did.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Doesn't look like it LOL! If you wanted that why have you not done it? Why all the "oh please eu give us a deal?"

I assume you're ready for the removal of FoM ( plans in place ? ) and all lined up for this weekend ? London should be an easy stop of point from Newcastle.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Seems you pant wetting snowflakes are not dealing with it, otherwise it would already be done! If you want to leave, leave and stop crying and crawling to the eu about a deal.

Doesn't look like it LOL! If you wanted that why have you not done it? Why all the "oh please eu give us a deal?"

Dear Lord,Are you on a different planet.
You know there is the small matter of a Treaty which we signed in which both sides will at least try to negotiate a withdrawal deal in the allotted time. Who do you want breaking the treaty first us or the EU?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Dear Lord,Are you on a different planet.
You know there is the small matter of a Treaty which we signed in which both sides will at least try to negotiate a withdrawal deal in the allotted time. Who do you want breaking the treaty first us or the EU?

The UK is leaving the EU the onus is on the UK to negotiate the deal.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
What? So I am mistaken that the government (the leave side) had been trying to get a deal? Checkers never happened?
Face it you lot can't agree on anything.
It's not really a leave government is it?
If it was we'd have a government with a backbone that doesn't roll over like a bunch of pussies when dealing with the Brussel sprouts !!
You can't get deals with that lot and I'm not sure they give a shite as long as they have control of everything.
Bloody Irish border issues lol....to actually think Brussels have this sort of control over these parts makes me cringe.
Just pull out and leave the border as it is as it's got fack all to do with them once we leave!!
They can talk to the republic if they so choose after..Bloody bunch of control freaks who can't be pleased.
May is such a weak woman and dragging this on so long is bloody embarrassing.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
What an utter, utter shambles this has all become. The rest of the world is laughing at us. EU countries like the French are preparing to introduce full border checks under no deal. Australia, for example, see the opportunity to pick us off in a trade deal that suits them, because we'll be so desperate.

Apologies if it's been covered, but do you all know that the French own Newhaven port and subsidise the Dieppe ferry to the tune of E25m per annum? The contract to run the boats runs out in the Summer of 2020. Who really thinks they'll continue the subsidy? My money is on no more ferry service, just as the new port road is ready to open! Did ESCC build that risk into their £13m funding contribution, using our money? Or will they throw more of our money at subsidising the ferry from this end?

Still, I guess 'Leave means Leave' trumps all this. 'You lost, stop moaning' is somehow the comeback.

In all honesty, however you voted, can anyone say this is how they thought it would play out?

Never mind PPI, endowment mortgages, Brexit is the worst case of mis-selling of them all.

PG

astralavi

Apr 6, 2017
It's not really a leave government is it?
If it was we'd have a government with a backbone that doesn't roll over like a bunch of pussies when dealing with the Brussel sprouts !!
You can't get deals with that lot and I'm not sure they give a shite as long as they have control of everything.
Bloody Irish border issues lol....to actually think Brussels have this sort of control over these parts makes me cringe.
Just pull out and leave the border as it is as it's got fack all to do with them once we leave!!
They can talk to the republic if they so choose after..Bloody bunch of control freaks who can't be pleased.
May is such a weak woman and dragging this on so long is bloody embarrassing.

If May comes back to the UK parliament without a deal what happens then?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here