Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Another year of hypothetical arguing.
Another year of the unknown.
Another year of being in Europe.
Another year of political backstabbing.
Another year of flounces and hissy fits....

ANOTHER YEAR OF THIS THREAD. :clap: :rave: :clap:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Another year of hypothetical arguing.
Another year of the unknown.
Another year of being in Europe.
Another year of political backstabbing.
Another year of flounces and hissy fits....

ANOTHER YEAR OF THIS THREAD. :clap: :rave: :clap:

Another nice idea

Problem is we're running before we can walk, still can't agree what already was agreed last December.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Like your “bants” about hoping enough leave voters would have died in the last few years to run a third referendum?
A more vile piece of Luke warm sick I would never like to meet.
On our way.

It’s my sense of humour. Lighten up snowflake.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Like your “bants” about hoping enough leave voters would have died in the last few years to run a third referendum?
A more vile piece of Luke warm sick I would never like to meet.
On our way.

.....and it’s highly unlikely we’ll ever knowingly meet. So, you can rest assured.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
How’s Prague treating you Dave?Don’t forget to keep wearing the tin foil hat.

No need for me to wear any tinfoil to recognise a prat, whatever he is calling himself today.
How is Prague treating me? Oh dear..

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Oh dear 2P. You really, REALLY are flailing around here.

I know this is all a bit ABSTRACT, but Best One and Nisa ARE both collectives of independent retailers, joining forces to increase their buying power, and rationalize their logistics. They are not the 'completely independent corner shop' of my analogy. They ARE effectively the UK within the EU, trying to retain what competitive advantages they can, to do business in the face of the bigger single brands (USA, China, etc). What the swivel-eyed want, is for us to be Abduls Pak Supermarket*, which can't stock the beans at all, because they know they wouldn't be able to sell any at the prices they'd need to charge.

(apologies to Abdul if he is in fact part of a chain too - never heard of him / them)

I must admit I enjoy a good flail.Abdul is no longer with us (pbuh) but his supermarket is indeed part of a chain (PAK).Independent stores do get good deals,for example the plastic footballs we regularly lose over fences,or to punctures are a good deal cheaper at Abduls than Tesco/ASDA.My point of view is that we can get better deals on imported,tarriff-free, foods than shopping in EU land all the time.Same applies,hopefully,to plastic footballs.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Strange.You call Ppf a pikey,but the capital of the pikey world is Croydon,SURREY.

Croydon hasn't been in Surrey for many decades.

Parts of it used to have a Surrey address, just as parts of West London used to have a Middlesex address, but even this counts for nothing now that Royal Mail don't require county names.

jaghebby

Mar 18, 2013
I wonder what business would join a club that prevented it from seeking and doing deals with customers who weren't also a member of the club ?

I believe I am right in saying that where the EU has a trade deal/agreement with another non EU country it always has a clause in that agreement where by the EU needs to approve any other deals that non EU country negotiates in case it impacts on the deal it has with the EU. So we might want to agree a trade deal with another country and the EU will still have a say. Lol "take back control" - what an effing joke!

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Michael Caine today on Brexit: “I’d rather be a poor master of my fate than be rich and having someone I don’t know running it"

Of course, he'd know all about being poor

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here