Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] Banksy

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
So edgy, so rebellious, in that angsty sixth former way that the rest of his/their 'works' are.

100% not a PR stunt.

But it isn’t imho. It’s his interpretation of Duchamp’s what is art and who owns art theories. There’s nothing edgy or rebellious about this, it’s merely a discussion.

With my thoughts in mind, I think this piece is stunningly good.

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
“Edgy”, “rebellious”, “anti-establishment”

Not bad for someone who never speaks to the press. I guess his art therefore speaks to you.

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea
But it isn’t imho. It’s his interpretation of Duchamp’s what is art and who owns art theories. There’s nothing edgy or rebellious about this, it’s merely a discussion.

With my thoughts in mind, I think this piece is stunningly good.

Is Duchamp the urinal bloke?

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea
Isn’t Grayson Perry brilliant? I loved his series about class. There was another about masculinity as well. Interesting how disarming his interview style is. He seems to connect with everyone.

Humility is key I think. Demands no respect. Refers to himself as a ‘queer potter’. He’s genuinely interested in his own and other people’s lived experiences. Ethnography & Autoethnography if my social science memory serves me right.

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I have bowel movements that "speak to me" but they're only art sometimes and in my mind alone.

Duchamp would have listened to you.

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I thought he just left it places!

He sells prints and stuff publicly and privately. The private stuff is sold directly without a dealer who would typically get a huge cut of 40-50%. He sells books, Wall and Peace was a big seller. He also made and directed a film called Exit Through The Gift Shop which did very well.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I thought he just left it places!

all the above points, also he sold the piece at auction to the owner - £500k i heard?

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
I do like a lot of his stuff... Edgy. political... I like this one, perfectly done in Dover.

euro banksy.JPG

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
The buyer has decided to keep the partially shredded painting, no doubt persuaded by advice which says the value has probably doubled due to the stunt.

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here