[Football] Massive v Enormous

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Leeds don’t look all that.

Missing the quality of Hernandez, Roofe, Berardi; the away team did this:

494D0429-C1CE-415D-BAB5-1EE71044EB02.png

I thought Leeds played well. after Massive were so confident on and off the pitch of a win after taking the lead.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Are you ok? Are we not allowed to praise other teams or leagues without having to drop the Albion after 30 odd years? [emoji38]
I also think the championship is generally better for clubs of our stature. More games so cheaper, more attacking football and less fear is evident. The premier League is badly over rated.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
It's taken long enough time to get to the Premier League......can't you just enjoy it instead of wishing we were in the Championship for 'cheaper games'?

That is not what I said, nor is it what I meant.

I sincerely hope we continue to keep achieving and growing and improving all the while. I would love for us to establish ourselves in the top flight and perhaps feel 'safe' sometimes in a season. The nature of the league and the (ruinous) amounts of money involved means the reality is that most teams look over their shoulders whilst the 'big' clubs leave them in their wake. I don't feel it's a very competitive competition.

As to enjoying it. I loved that we took a few scalps last year and were not relegated. I just thought chasing promotion and eventually winning it, was way way more entertaining. Why is that a problem?

Edit: On the 'cheaper games' front, the fewer games in the Premier League season mean that the stupid international breaks wreak far more havoc with the continuity of the season. At least there were plenty more evening games to make up for the boring weeks when England play.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I also think the championship is generally better for clubs of our stature. More games so cheaper, more attacking football and less fear is evident. The premier League is badly over rated.

There certainly isn’t the disparity, where teams like the Albion go to Etihad 1/20 or more to get a win.

I’m pleased we’re in the PL after all the years fighting to get there, but being the underdog in effective dead rubbers can only excite a handful of Albion diehards.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
There certainly isn’t the disparity, where teams like the Albion go to Etihad 1/20 or more to get a win.

I’m pleased we’re in the PL after all the years fighting to get there, but being the underdog in effective dead rubbers can only excite a handful of Albion diehards.

City away is the pinnacle of ‘games we have very very little chance in’ and I literally don’t even pay much attention to it being a football day. It’s the prem for you, but I do also love to see us here and achieving as [MENTION=4573]Green Cross Code Man[/MENTION] rightly says.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Yes, we are definitely just making up the numbers in the Prem at the moment. BUT our genius owners are taking it one step at a time. They are planning to build and build. It takes time - and a bit of luck. Our owners are SMART.

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
Yes, we are definitely just making up the numbers in the Prem at the moment. BUT our genius owners are taking it one step at a time. They are planning to build and build. It takes time - and a bit of luck. Our owners are SMART.

The trouble is it is so uneven.

The top 4 can buy one player with a greater value of our entire squad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here