Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player Ratings

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Everybody on here saying how well Kayal played and how he should replace Stephens but where was he when Lamela broke for the 2nd goal had Stephens been there I am sure that he would have taken Lamela.and hopefully stopped him in the build up.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Good to see you’ve picked on players other than Knocky, for a change

Thats quite a loaded reply, what’s your point? Am I supposed to ignore poor performances? And even Knocky himself admits he was poor last season.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
What about using him as a left back?

I've been thinking about this of late. He's clearly a bright lad, and has improved massively defensively.
He still has potential as a winger but i feel like he could become a really solid LB with a bit of training and experience.

I'd get him on some one on one training Bruno- this could be Bruno's final massive contribution to the stripes.

Let's be honest- the likely scenario is that we out grow Solly, so why not try it?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Thats quite a loaded reply, what’s your point? Am I supposed to ignore poor performances? And even Knocky himself admits he was poor last season.

My point is how quick you are to criticise and that your slagging off of Knockaert has been ott in the past, just imo though. There is an increasing blame culture on NSC because we are not progressing quickly enough. Your past comments and criticisms of AK have pissed me off more than they should have done probably.

Re yesterday, I don’t agree that Bong was worse than quite a few of the team and Dunk was turned by the England captain who was everybody’s darling not so long ago but maybe you missed the frankly brilliant long balls he played on a couple of occasions. I agree he’s not looked as solid as he did last season but I can’t agree that he needs singling out as having put in a bad performance yesterday. Not so long ago Duffy was the one being slagged off as not good enough, now he’s the Messiah again ( this comment is not aimed at you btw)

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Ryan - 6.5
Montoya - 6
Bong - 6
Dunk - 5.5
Duffy - 6.5
Knockaert - 6.5
Bissouma - 6
Propper - 6
Stephens - N/A
March - 6
Murray - 6

Kayal - 6
Ali - 6
Locadia - 6

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Everybody on here saying how well Kayal played and how he should replace Stephens but where was he when Lamela broke for the 2nd goal had Stephens been there I am sure that he would have taken Lamela.and hopefully stopped him in the build up.

You gotta love all the hypothetical "facts" being spouted on here suggesting Stephens would have covered every blade of grass and marked every spurs attacking player and we "definitely" wouldn't have conceded had he been on the pitch.

Incredible

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter

Don’t know but saw more forward supporting runs from him in the 70 mins he was on the pitch than any other of our Centre midfielders in the previous 5 matches. Haven’t looked at the stats but probably close to Pröpper’s total of tackles so far this season in that 70 odd minutes as well and that’s not meant as a dig at Davy.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Could have scored a hatrick and assisted three more goals and you’d still have said how unimpressed you were. You have an agenda against him, full stop.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Bruno would have prevented their second goal.

I thought Bong was better than Danny Rose.

I've only seen Jahanbakhsh play in the few substitute brevities and the U23 appearance and the video. I don't know if he can play on the left and how good he is? Against Spurs (14touches) he played all over the park, on the right 50%, left and central. On those stats he could start in the Groß position as creator but also as second striker behind Murray.

East Lower wasn't the best place to see how Solly March played. He looked better on TV.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Bruno would have prevented their second goal.

I thought Bong was better than Danny Rose.

I've only seen Jahanbakhsh play in the few substitute brevities and the U23 appearance and the video. I don't know if he can play on the left and how good he is? Against Spurs (14touches) he played all over the park, on the right 50%, left and central. On those stats he could start in the Groß position as creator but also as second striker behind Murray.

East Lower wasn't the best place to see how Solly March played. He looked better on TV.

Another brilliant piece of guess work...........................ffs

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
5=Average

Ryan 5

His distribution is predictable and poor. He floats the ball with little pace and with regularity straight out of play. This is not good enough especially in this era of football where keepers are expected to be ball players.

Montoya 6

A better defender than Bruno but has yet to offer much going forwards.

Bong 4

Goes to sleep, completely out of position on a number of occasions. Be surprised if he could even cross the road.

Dunk 5

Not himself as others have alluded too. Got the wrong side of Kane late on which allowed him straight in on goal.

Duffy 6

Best of the defenders which is worrying given his poor distribution

Knockaert 8

Only player who pressed from the start while others watched on. Should have scored from 2 other chances

Bissouma 5

Still learning the game and his lack of tracking back led to the second goal

Propper 4

Not sure what he is giving to the team at present, not the same player as last year

Stephens 5

Ok but we miss him in the middle when he is not playing.

March 4

Poor again, apart from sticking a leg out to intercept a pass can't remember him having a touch first half, second half got the ball a few times to run at the defence but as usual little end product.

Murray 7

Surprised from some of the comments won the first ball numerous times, this is irrelevant though as no one was close enough to pick up the second ball. Put in a shift doing a thankless task

Kayal 7

Thought he played well and offered some intent going forwards

Ali 6

A few runs showed what we might get if he played for 90 mins

Locadia 4

Needs game time

Again we were flat from the start. We should have been in their faces from the off. this sits with the manager. We showed in patches that we could trouble Spurs, as we have with other top sides but these cautious tactics are stifling our progress.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Could have scored a hatrick and assisted three more goals and you’d still have said how unimpressed you were. You have an agenda against him, full stop.

I do not have an agenda against him but unlike many who remember his performances in The Championship and believe that he can repeat that in The Premier I believe that he is just not good enough as we move on and expect our players now to be better, which generally they are.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
My point is how quick you are to criticise and that your slagging off of Knockaert has been ott in the past, just imo though. There is an increasing blame culture on NSC because we are not progressing quickly enough. Your past comments and criticisms of AK have pissed me off more than they should have done probably.

Re yesterday, I don’t agree that Bong was worse than quite a few of the team and Dunk was turned by the England captain who was everybody’s darling not so long ago but maybe you missed the frankly brilliant long balls he played on a couple of occasions. I agree he’s not looked as solid as he did last season but I can’t agree that he needs singling out as having put in a bad performance yesterday. Not so long ago Duffy was the one being slagged off as not good enough, now he’s the Messiah again ( this comment is not aimed at you btw)

With respect to my posts I think you’re being a tad harsh. First, I rarely comment on individual players. And yes I did comment on Knocky’s form last season and I did criticise him after his Everton dismissal. At that point I had enough of his various tantrums and the red card and also the manner of the red card. As I turns out we’re now aware of some of the reason for his poor form. And he is now playing very well. I clearly called it wrong but then none of us knew about his personal problems. You say my comments pissed you off. I say Knocky sliding into an opponent in a clearly vengeful manner pissed me off. I don’t feel I was “quick” to criticise him though, my frustrations had been building for a while.

And I don’t feel I missed anything from Bong or Dunk’s game either yesterday or against Fulham. Both do not seem to be up to their respective defensive standards of last season imho. I’d like to see Balogun and Bernardo back....after all this is what competition should be about. I’m happy for you to disagree but my posts were nothing more than some post-match comment; you seem to think I have an axe to grind?

As for “There is an increasing blame culture on NSC because we are not progressing quickly enough.” ... I am largely happy with things. I have never said otherwise. In fact I have actually said that I would not be that bothered if we went down; I have followed the club for long enough to have few expectations.

I’ll offer you a virtual hand shake and a virtual beer on me :smile:

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM

Maybe because Kayal did play very well ?

He played In the gross role, is every goal we concede his fault ?

You look to criticise him at every opportunity

The Hon Sec

Feb 23, 2009
Deep up County

Bissouma was tracking Lamela and followed the ball when he passed it rather than stay with his man. Stephens may have had some influence but that is hypothetical.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
He played In the gross role, is every goal we concede his fault ?

No, some are Bong’s and the others are Dunks.

(joke)

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Bongs tackle against Ings and Kane in the last two games have been awful even if Kane's foul was dubious. Isn't tackling his main (imo only) attribute given his strength? So wish we had a better left back or that Bernardo or Suttner could step up.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
March 4

Poor again, apart from sticking a leg out to intercept a pass can't remember him having a touch first half, second half got the ball a few times to run at the defence but as usual little end product.

Agree re the first half as he basically playing as a left back but he was our most dangerous player at the start of the second half. Also very harsh to say he had no end product when no one was getting into the box...

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Ryan - 6
Montoya - 7
Duffy - 7
Dunk - 5
Bong - 5
Knockaert - 8
Propper - 6
Stephens - 6
Bissouma - 6