Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Nah, he's just incapable of responding to any post I make without some kind of personal insult. It gets dull after a while. Pasta did the same and he got put on ignore too. I don't mind being called a prick or the stuff you do (harmless drivel) but the likes of Pasta, Larus and WS just take it to a disturbing level so they are all now on ignore. Should tidy up this debate a little!

Bit of a short memory you have, only yesterday, shouldn’t you be taking your own advice………….you really are a hypocrite nibble. Something to think about perhaps

Not sure why you bought other members into your post. Your point could have easily been made without the dig at others. Something to think about perhaps.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I've noticed this, whenever the Remainers make a point, the personal insults soon follow.

And yet you're quoting a poster who called a number of posters a prick in very quick succession !

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
And yet you're quoting a poster who called a number of posters a prick in very quick succession !

Do you really consider that a personal insult? Dry your eyes ya big baby, I’m absolutely certain you would have been called worse :lolol:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Oh, dear Boris.

Boris Johnson says he would rather stay in the EU than accept May's 'humiliating' Brexit plan

http://uk.businessinsider.com/boris...eu-than-accept-theresa-may-brexit-plan-2018-9

Here comes the leadership opening gambit, before the party conference.

some others might have a say in any future leadership.
Sajid Javid is a good egg

Dh0PdjOXcAARsr2.jpg

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Of course there should be another one! Why should we have the same set of MPs for ever!? What sort of madness are you suggesting? We have had general elections with different results closer together than the brexit vote and its implementation so you can not argue its a different timescale either.

read the question again and see if you can understand it before answering

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
Do you really consider that a personal insult? Dry your eyes ya big baby, I’m absolutely certain you would have been called worse :lolol:

And yet it got you a ban :facepalm: ... oh, I thought you had me on ignore ..... yet another lie Nibble.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
I do, and I stand by my assertion that a general election should be taken multiple times. What is wrong with that? It is democracy!

So on 8th May 2020 the result of the GE is the Tories forming a government - you don't like the result. You're suggesting another GE before the 5 year fixed term ?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
So on 8th May 2020 the result of the GE is the Tories forming a government - you don't like the result. You're suggesting another GE before the 5 year fixed term ?

Why not? Unstable governments do it often.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
And yet it got you a ban :facepalm: ... oh, I thought you had me on ignore ..... yet another lie Nibble.

I was going to put you on ignore but didn’t. You lucky thing you. That’s what’s so good about having a mind, one can change it! Haha! You calling anyone a liar is a bit rich. Sorry you have not had a good day on here but harassing and insulting me ultimately will not make you feel better. Work on yourself. Hard.

Last edited:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

My question poses if the election should be redone before the winner even has the chance to go to the palace and be invited to form a government and take office

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
Why not? Unstable governments do it often.

Not since the fixed term rule. If parliament passes a vote of no confidence then fine - hold another GE - not because some voters think the result was wring though. The second referendum arguement is academic anyway - there's not enough time before the 29th March to hold it.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
You never mentioned the palace before, stop changing the goal posts. There is nothing wrong with having a second election/vote on anything if conditions have changed. That has most certainly happened in the case if brexit so another vote would be more than justified. If it hasn't the worst case is the exact same result, so what is there to lose?

He didn’t change the goal posts, you misunderstood what he said

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Not since the fixed term rule. If parliament passes a vote of no confidence then fine - hold another GE - not because some voters think the result was wring though. The second referendum arguement is academic anyway - there's not enough time before the 29th March to hold it.

Theresa May did.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
You never mentioned the palace before, stop changing the goal posts. There is nothing wrong with having a second election/vote on anything if conditions have changed. That has most certainly happened in the case if brexit so another vote would be more than justified. If it hasn't the worst case is the exact same result, so what is there to lose?

The goalposts were not moved, you didnt read the question

With regard to the next general election. If it produces an outcome and winner you don’t agree with, should it be redone, possibly multiple times ( before its conclusion of forming a government and taking office) until there is the result that pleases you or should the initial vote stand?

Try it this way.

We voted to leave and the natural conclusion to the process of withdrawing is we leave.
If Corbyn wins the next election the natural conclusion is he attends the palace the day after and is invited to be prime minister and form a government.
Why would you tell Mr Corbyn sorry, some people dont agree with the result, the election must therefore be redone before the natural conclusion of being asked to form a government.
This is what you are advocating.What is democratic about that?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The other day you quoted figures saying that housing or house building was in recession - these figures prove that not to be the case. You continually slag off the performance of the UK economy and say that the Eurozone was outperforming the UK and this was as a result of the vote to leave.

These statements of your have again proven to be false, as the UK is now higher than the Eurzone, and that is with the Eurozone running a more expansionary policy (QE and negative interest rates).

It’s always easy to find a sector which is underperforming - that doesn’t prrove anything. The UK economy is in reasonable health which scallions your animosity as it makes your constant posts on this issue seem churlish.

FFS. It was manufacturing I said was in recession. And the you, yes you, posted a link to challenge this. I then pointed out your link, yes yours, also stated another sector, construction II think, was contracting. Do keep up, with yourself.

Have all you Brexiteers taken idiot pills today?

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
No. They never mention having the second vote before the formation of a government following the election result. How can people decide that is wrong when they don't even know what the government is yet? We only know that after the visit to the palace.

I thought what he said was quite clear and he did ask you several times to read it again.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Have [MENTION=240]larus[/MENTION], [MENTION=1365]Westdene Seagull[/MENTION] and [MENTION=21401]pastafarian[/MENTION] all been drinking together in the same pub all day today?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here