Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Egypt international Adam El Abd

richinlondon

Jul 2, 2009
North London
Egypt international Adam El Abd (BBC description) scores winning penalty for Wycombe tonight. Still proving his worth, good club man for many years and giving his all for his last employers. :).

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
Egypt international Adam El Abd (BBC description) scores winning penalty for Wycombe tonight. Still proving his worth, good club man for many years and giving his all for his last employers. :).

I'm just glad he earned enough that he never has to work again

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I'm just glad he earned enough that he never has to work again

Wish I could say the same, I managed to get 5 out of 6 numbers on Saturday lotto here a few weeks ago.
The top prize for 6 numbers was 4 million, 3 people managed to get 6 numbers, so if I did I would have got 1 million.
My prize for 5 numbers was $1,118.75 which was nice but extremely disappointing considering what was up for grabs.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I loved El Abd when he bestrode Withdean like a shaven headed Colussus. Him and Butters. What a combo.

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
I think it may have been tongue in cheek in response to the op saying Wycombe would be his last employer, thus insinuating he had earnt enough from football not to ever have to work again.......as we all know this isn’t the case, unless he’s had a secret lotto win !
Your hilarious how much do you think players get below the Championship?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Thanks
Wish I could say the same, I managed to get 5 out of 6 numbers on Saturday lotto here a few weeks ago.
The top prize for 6 numbers was 4 million, 3 people managed to get 6 numbers, so if I did I would have got 1 million.
My prize for 5 numbers was $1,118.75 which was nice but extremely disappointing considering what was up for grabs.
£600 for five numbers seems a bit low I once had six numbers in my head and for some reason or other didn’t buy the ticket yep you’ve guessed it all 6 came in no winners either :sick:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
My favourite was when he got Kuipers sent off with an abysmal backpass when we lost 7-1 at Huddersfield, shortly before Poyet turned him into Beckenbauer

Did a great job on Adam did Gus, saying publically, and making him believe, that he was the best defender this side of Clacton On Sea.

In all seriousness Adam has had a strange old career, gave sterling service and making 300 apprearances over a ten year spell for us of course, before playing for about a dozen clubs, (some loan moves) in about two years. Good to see him seemingly established again with the Chiorboys.

Hope he continues playing for a few more years yet.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
His turnaround from crap plodder to dominant centre back was amazing. He was a guy you would expect a catastrophe from every game until Gus showed up, and he became a rock. When we brought in Gordon Greer I assumed that El-Abd would be marginalised but it was Elphick who lost out and rightly so, at the time.

Like everyone else, I'm really pleased to see him playing regularly for a good side and making his mark.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here